PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in possible GB on diamond plate for trunk?

BlankMan
01-09-2003, 08:37 PM
I recently got my aluminum diamond plate floor mats and while they aren't exactly what I expected, they are sharp, nonetheless, and I dig 'em.

I want to continue the theme with my trunk and have found someone to make pieces of diamond plate from a template. I'm envisioning two pieces - one for the floor of the trunk and one for the bottom of the trunk lid. The one for the floor would have hinges to access the spare. The one for the lid would fit in and cover up the area where the structual braces are visible. Great way to sandwhich some dynamat and quiet the rattles.

Am I the only one with interest in somethink like this or would anyone else be interested? There's always a chance to bring the price down with a quantity purchase, that's why I ask.

Let me know if anyone is interested - if so, I'll put the details together with the supplier and get information regarding costs, timeframe, delivery, etc.

J

Tiptronic
01-09-2003, 09:08 PM
i would be interested. my only question would be on the dimensions for the trunk lid piece. seeing as how i have the flip trunk mod, i would need to know the exact measurements so i can measure for myself if it would conflict with the setup

pinoyesv6
01-09-2003, 09:24 PM
cost is a big factor. uhm get a good price and i might consider. but i don't like that idea of the underside of the trunk lid. i think carpet would look much better and u'd have to dynamat the bac of the piece if u put the diamond plate there cuz that would rattle too. i think a better idea would be a sil plate i know mine gets a great beating and something more durable would be kool.