PDA

View Full Version : help me!!!! fuel gauge no longer works with new dials

peanotation
01-09-2003, 11:12 PM
i just put in reverse gauges/dials on my 7G. they look sick. but to get them on, i had to move the needles around. well, i moved the fuel gauge one a lot. it doesn't move anymore with the car. now im forced to reset the trip, wait till it hits 300 miles, then fill up again. this is really half-ass and it's the first sign of a car becoming junky. does ANYONE know how to fix this or what needs to be done? i'm gonna try reseting the cpu, but i really doubt that'll work. any help would be greatly appreciated.

peanotation
01-09-2003, 11:32 PM
HELP!!!!!!!!

BEAST
01-09-2003, 11:42 PM
Well luckily I didn't have to deal with this problem but the only suggestion I could give you is to go get a full tank of gas and then place your gas needle on F. What guages did you get? I didn't have to move my gauges at all. Even though I did a little :roll:. When you were messin around with your gas guage you probably pulled it out a little too far and it doesn't catch on the gears or whatever any more. So try filling up and then placing your guage on F or where ever you want it at when your gas is full and push a little on the center of the needle where it connects to the cluster. Hope this helps.

peanotation
01-10-2003, 12:20 AM
good idea, i'll try that out. anyone else?!?!?!?!

laxattack2001
01-10-2003, 05:27 AM
if youre saying that your needle is catching, i had the same problem with all my gauges when i put on new gauge faces and what i did to fix that was supergluing the back of the faces to the front of the factory faces but what someone else had suggested was removing your factory faces and putting the new ones on instead but that looked too hard for me. but when supergluing them it was a bitch but i got it to work.

peanotation
01-10-2003, 08:42 AM
yeah, i have a huge problem with the Tachometer catching, and i'm using the super glue method too, but the fuel gauge is like a quarter of an inch off the face. i'm sooo bummed about this.

BEAST
01-10-2003, 12:41 PM
I just super glued my new faces on my old ones. You just gotta make sure that you get some super glue right around the edge where the faces go around the needles. I didn't have any problems.