PDA

View Full Version : passing smog check...

krazienluv10
01-10-2003, 01:00 AM
hey everyone i was just wondering what can i have and not have when i am passing a smog check, but i just wanted a basic idea if possible so i know what to stuff to put back on... thanks

manybrews
01-10-2003, 06:59 AM
simple.. most of the time, you cant alter ANYTHING. it depends on your states regulations, though.

krazienluv10
01-10-2003, 08:20 PM
really... that sux i live in cali and soo do you think when im getting my smog that if i put back everything but my exhust to you think i will pass?? i heard of this stuff you can put in you gass tank and it helps passing smog checks but is there any other ways hints ideas??

pinoyesv6
01-10-2003, 08:24 PM
most of ur peformance parts like headers intake etc etc are required to have a CARB sticker. without a sticker like that ur not gonna pass the visual. slap the stock intake on if u have to and stuff like that.

manybrews
01-12-2003, 12:52 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krazienluv10)</div><div class='quotemain'>really... that sux i live in cali and soo do you think when im getting my smog that if i put back everything but my exhust to you think i will pass?? i heard of this stuff you can put in you gass tank and it helps passing smog checks but is there any other ways hints ideas??</div>
there is no "magical" stuff to add to gas tanks.

frankly, theres NO reason to disable or remove any smog equpiment anyway, as you will generally lose performance and drivability doing so.
if youre just talking about switching intakes and exhaust systems, well, they do need to be approved for california use, otherwise they ARE illegal.