PDA

View Full Version : Radio "OFF" Code???

gofus72
04-30-2008, 12:48 PM
I changed my battery this weekend. I didn't get a chance to enter the radio code. My wife tried to enter the wrong code 3 times and I can't get it out of "OFF" mode. I have the code, but it won't let me enter it. I tried disconnecting the battery, even leaving it disconnected for over an hour. Just "OFF" code. How can I get the radio to take my code?????

fliegendaffe
04-30-2008, 12:51 PM
did you try turning the radio itself on/off? hit the menu button?

gofus72
04-30-2008, 01:00 PM
I tried to turn the radio on/off several time. I removed the fuse, but I didn't try to hit the menu button. I called the dealership and they told me that disconnecting the battery will reset it... wrong.

Serstylz2
04-30-2008, 01:27 PM
Nope, you gotta take the radio out, get the # off of the back, call the dealership, give them that # along with your VIN and then the dealership will give you the correct code. Disconnect the battery overnight and the radio will surely reset

gofus72
04-30-2008, 02:36 PM
I have the correct code. All I need is for the radio to reset. Will pulling the fuse do the same thing?

pinoyesv6
04-30-2008, 03:13 PM
grab a book or mp3 player, some board games.

to turn the key to the "on" position, no need to start the car
turn the radio on

and then sit there with the car til the radio resets itself. usually 30mins to an hour.

of course if u had like a secure garage at your house, you should be ok leaving the keys in the ignition and walking away. but i'd stay close to it nonetheless.

lonestar22
04-30-2008, 03:20 PM
grab a book or mp3 player, some board games.

to turn the key to the "on" position, no need to start the car
turn the radio on

and then sit there with the car til the radio resets itself. usually 30mins to an hour.

of course if u had like a secure garage at your house, you should be ok leaving the keys in the ignition and walking away. but i'd stay close to it nonetheless.

takes 30 minutes to reset

gofus72
05-03-2008, 01:57 PM
Now I am going nuts. I tried everything. I disconnected the batery overnight, I let it sit with key in the "on" position of over an hour, I took the stereo out of the car for 24 hours... NOTHING. I still get the OFF display. I NEED HELP!!!!!

dwjp90
05-09-2008, 11:23 PM
Now I am going nuts. I tried everything. I disconnected the batery overnight, I let it sit with key in the "on" position of over an hour, I took the stereo out of the car for 24 hours... NOTHING. I still get the OFF display. I NEED HELP!!!!!

ok try letting it sit for an hour with the key in the on post. then hit the power button