PDA

View Full Version : jdm aftermarket headlight signal light conversion questions

Jaygza01
05-03-2008, 11:43 AM
I bought the jdm headlights for my 7g and they are all wired up except for the signal lights because we cant use the jdm ones. I went and got one from a 99 galant and it is 3 wires while our stock 7g is 2 wires, i cannot find any celicas in my junkyards. If i get one from a camry or whatever it is, will they work....this is the only thing from putting my galant back ont he road ,,,please help guys !!!! will the 99 galants work do they have to be wired different? anythign will help as i am frustated beyond belief!:smt118

lonestar22
05-03-2008, 02:07 PM
why not go with the jdm look and use the park lights for the park light (the city light wire from the low beam headlight area) and the signal lights are only supposed to come on with the signal light and not stay on. thats why theres two wires.

Blue Ice
05-03-2008, 04:16 PM
I bought the jdm headlights for my 7g and they are all wired up except for the signal lights because we cant use the jdm ones.

What do you mean you can't use them. just pull the bulb and socket out of the usdm signal and put it in the jdm signal housing. it should almost fit, you'll have to cut just a sliver from one of the notches on the socket.

ps and next time this question goes incustomizing your 7g

Jaygza01
05-07-2008, 12:43 AM
:mad: So I don't get it I wired up the headlights, and crimped them and they are ready to plug in, im stuck on the signal light believe it or not. I tried the Jdm and my signal lights blinked incorrectly, i purchase a 99 galant pigtail and it has 3 wires so i dont imagine that will work, I tried what someone posted on here to fit the usdm socket into the jdm turn signal housing and tore up the jdm one pretty bad and i dont think it will work....can i goto the junkyard and get one to specifically work? someone please help im goin outta my mind over a signal light situation! can i wire my city lights to my parking lamps and still use both >? thanks :confused:

RAZ_76
05-07-2008, 01:33 AM
First, you need to calm down. This is not a freaking shop where you pay money and expect service. Second, it's past 12am. Try again in the morning.

kolio
05-07-2008, 02:20 AM
you can use the corner as a marker light with the original jdm corner bulb

take the furthest usdm marker light wires and attach them to the jdm corner wires and plugs. you don't need to convert it to a turn signal since you have the turn signals still on your bumper

Blue Ice
05-07-2008, 09:50 AM
I tried the Jdm and my signal lights blinked incorrectly... I tried what someone posted on here to fit the usdm socket into the jdm turn signal housing and tore up the jdm one pretty bad and i dont think it will work... can i wire my city lights to my parking lamps and still use both >? thanks :confused:

I must be confused on what you're trying to do cause this was more simple than you're making it sound. So lets start from the beginning.

First let me ask you, Did you buy JDM 1 piece headlamps, or JDM glass 2piece ( headlamp and corner are seperate)?

If you have the 2piece...
A. Usdm city light is in the side marker of the headlights. JDM city lights are in the headlamp housing between low and high beam. This one simply move from one housing ti the other, no modifying.
B. Usdm turnsignal is in the front bumper, JDM turnsignal is in the corner housing.
To install the turn signal into the JDM corner, simply remove the lightbulb from the usdm signal housing. Then before you try to cram the bulb into the jdm housing;
1. line up the notches on the bulb plug, with the slots on the corner housing.
2. two notches should line upo with two slots, the third notch will be longer than the third slot... this is the notch you need
to trim off with an exacto knife. DON'T CUT THE ENTIRE NOTCH OFF!! just enough on one side so it will fit into the
houseing.
3. insert bulb and twist.

Now if you have the ! piece JDMs... i don't know about those, so someone else will have to give you advice on it.

OR

just leave the frickin turn signal where it is!

njjfudge
05-07-2008, 10:42 AM
You are trying to have duel filament corner lights right? If so I used the blinker socket out of a 1g ( not the one with pop-up lights ). I had to trim the long tab down till it was the same size as the other 3 for it to fit in the 7g JDM head corner hole. I think the 8g socket is the same way. Now wiring you need to identify the wires, the ground and parking light tabs contact the bottom of the bulb and the blinker tab goes up the side of the socket and contacts the side of the bulb.