PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Vibration... Anyone Else?

sj420
01-10-2003, 10:41 AM
First post, long time reader... Search turned up nothing...

'01 GTZ, Stock.

When the engine reaches around 6.5k rpm, it starts to vibrate heavily. There's constant vibration when reach 70-80 mph on the highway. This is purely in the engine bay.
I was aware of this before I bought the car, but I didn't think it would be this bad. I figured it's the cheap-o engine mounts, but I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this or have had it repaired before? Any suggestions would be great.

peanotation
01-10-2003, 10:43 AM
its probably ur engine mounts, but u might need an alignment as well. go into an auto shop for a free estimate, they're pretty nice if u dont make them do anything. probably either engine mounts or something with the tranny. hope that helps

djScript
01-10-2003, 12:10 PM
could be wheel balancing. i had the same problem but went away when i bought my 18s.

pinoyesv6
01-10-2003, 12:46 PM
i had both problems, the mounts and the wheel balancing. got the mounts fixed, getting better launches now. now all i gotta do is get new wheels that are balanced

BlueESV6
01-10-2003, 01:57 PM
Welcome to the posting world of TGC! I'd guess wheel balancing or the tire may actually be out of round. If it's the latter then the manufacturer normally will replace the tire. I'd get the wheels balanced and go from there. Watch them balance them... you'll notice pretty fast if the tire is out of round when you see it spinning! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif