PDA

View Full Version : 500 Degrees

pinoyesv6
01-10-2003, 01:07 PM
Has anyone used 500 degree engine enamel for their calipers? I was in autozone and it said it was perfect for painting calipers. It even had a picture of the can on the lil ad.

I was cleaning my brakes and well, i forgot to reread the label and well, the brake cleaner eats str8 thru the caliper paint i had b4. i had this really hot date the next day (yesterday) and well i touched it up with some 500 degree paint. i've driven the car for two days now and its been holding up. i was just wondering if anyone else has used it for longer and how does it hold up?

NRG
01-10-2003, 01:24 PM
Yeah I am using 500 degree enamel paint for my calipers.......no fade so far.......

Lets just put it this way, after 2 hours of straight driving and believe me I always drive like there is no tomorrow and I tend to ride on my brakes (so everyone says), after parking the car, I touch the calipers with my hands, and it was warm to touch. If we can touch it, I am sure the paint ain't gonna melt....

pinoyesv6
01-10-2003, 01:42 PM
u must got hands of leather or soemthing. sometimes i was the car at the car wash and i spray the brakes (i know its bad) and the water just sizzles

BlueESV6
01-10-2003, 01:49 PM
I used the 500 degree blue paint for my calipers and used regular silver metallic paint on my rear rotor hub areas. Neither has begun to fade or bubble. The rear rotors do not get nearly as hot as the fronts do, but that said, the caliper paint has held up well. You can see them on the caliper sticker posting as I put sticker on them (and like it)!

Good Luck https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Oh yea, I painted mine last April....

NRG
01-10-2003, 01:53 PM
To add to that, its better to use the 500 for caliper vs the 1000 or 1200 because 500 is much more glossy......Once you hit the 1000 range, the color becomes very flat.......

pinoyesv6
01-10-2003, 01:56 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NRG)</div><div class='quotemain'>To add to that, its better to use the 500 for caliper vs the 1000 or 1200 because 500 is much more glossy......Once you hit the 1000 range, the color becomes very flat.......</div>

yea, thats the only reason i experimented with 500. i wanted glossy

HeadAche
01-10-2003, 05:44 PM
I havent used it i use the 1200 degree engine enamel, i get bored sometimes and i experiment with stuff, i painted my caiipers up front black, then on the rotors i did the flag of JAMAICA..i got bored it took like 2 hours to do both sides, but it came out really well... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

FastNFabolous
01-10-2003, 08:39 PM
Just like all of you said here it looks better than higher degrees one & worth getting than the other brake caliper paint kits on the magazine