PDA

View Full Version : Ease or Lack of Ease

732Galant
05-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Hey guys, my water pump belt is whining like a bitch, I'd like to know the general ease or lack thereof of changing the belt. Pep Boys told me 55 to install and 17 for the belt so for 80 bucks it doesnt sound like its more than 45 minutes or so. If its doable, I'd like to do it myself but I'm not to mechanically inclined.

bronxbombr
05-07-2008, 09:48 PM
damn, thats a great deal compared to the 300 or so bux other places would charge you.

silversurfer
05-08-2008, 12:41 AM
dude either they are quoting you a price for a different car or the guy is an idiot , if you are not mechanically inclined dont attempt this it can be done without removing the timing belt but you have to remove all of the covers and the alternator bracket , dont try it yourself, get a requote .

732Galant
05-08-2008, 06:27 AM
Whoa. He asked for the car and everything. So Im guessing I would be smart to do the timing belt and the water pump belt at the same time. Well that kind of throws a wrench into my plans, the guy who just fixed my EGR problem said my water pump belt is getting pretty worn and I should change it soon, but I don't have the cash to do it right now. Fuck...

732Galant
05-08-2008, 03:47 PM
are you guys sure you're not thinking about the actual pump itself? Im talking about the belt that is near the alternator belt.

silversurfer
05-10-2008, 09:18 AM
if its only the belt your okay but it seemed like you were saying you were going to replace the pump

732Galant
05-11-2008, 10:35 AM
I thought I was pretty clear by saying my water pump belt was WHINING and then specifically asking if changing the BELT was going to be hard lol. Just kidding, but yah that's all I need for now is that belt and alternator belt. The guy who fixed my egr problem told me he'll put the belts in for $25 if I just buy the belts so thats what Im going to do.