PDA

View Full Version : shift kits for 8g?

atx
01-10-2003, 04:38 PM
any tranny mods people donei havent heard about people doing tranny upgrades to there 8g only the 5 speed converstion, can u get a shift kit? cause if u have tons of a hp will are auto hold up?

HeadAche
01-10-2003, 05:38 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(atx)</div><div class='quotemain'>any tranny mods people donei havent heard about people doing tranny upgrades to there 8g only the 5 speed converstion, can u get a shift kit? cause if u have tons of a hp will are auto hold up?</div>

I worked on my tranny, i got a torque converter from www.levelten.com, and i just had it bulletproofed to work with my soon to be installed T-68... If your considering boosting ur motor, the motor wont hold up under anything more than 8psi.. Just 2 much power for our mitsu tranny's.. I would definiately tell anyone to work on the tranny when considering turbochargers or superchargers..

4G64T
01-14-2003, 03:29 AM
hey shane when the bulletproofed your tranny what exactly did they do? and how much was the torque converter? and how is it holding up now i heard that they stop working as well over time?

HeadAche
01-14-2003, 06:21 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Whips_n_chains408)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey shane when the bulletproofed your tranny what exactly did they do? and how much was the torque converter? and how is it holding up now i heard that they stop working as well over time?</div>

Well from what the guy told me when i called him up to do it, was bulletprooing is just taking the tranny apart (obviously), changing the bearings, sleeves, bushings, any worn out bolts, replacement of the TC, and recalibrating the valve body, and finally just using synthectic high performance tranny fluid.. This is probably the best amount of money i have spent in a while.. the TC cost me about $500+ when they first just came out, and its holding up really well, not having any problems at all..

00GTZ00
01-15-2003, 04:22 PM
Man do I wish that someone made a shift kit for our car!!!

manybrews
01-15-2003, 06:25 PM
theres not much to be done for "valve body" tweaks, as the trans is totally controlled by the TCM. when and how hard it shifts are from the programming, NOT the valving.

also, the cars with the manumatic shifting (the eclipses) decrease the shift time about 200 milleseconds when shifted manually, which gives firmer shifts.

so any tweaking to be done will probably be electronic.

Gilhuly
01-16-2003, 12:36 PM
LevelTen claims to have a snap in Electronic sporty chip that is highly programmable in terms of stiffness, rpm shift points etc...

HeadAche
01-16-2003, 03:48 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gilhuly)</div><div class='quotemain'>LevelTen claims to have a snap in Electronic sporty chip that is highly programmable in terms of stiffness, rpm shift points etc...</div>

Yeah i read the same thing on there site, but i dont know to much about it, or anyone who is actually using it..I may write to them and see if i can get some specifics..

Coldshot
01-12-2004, 11:30 AM
any more news on this?

pinoyesv6
01-12-2004, 03:14 PM
kinda. headache (shane) killed his tranny that he was talking about in the earlier post from a year ago. and now he went with a manual swap.

Coldshot
01-13-2004, 09:24 AM
damn, that sux. my car shifts like shit and i was hopin someone made some type of shift kit or a TCM mod. i gotta flush my fluid soon, that should help a little. im gonna try putting amsoil syn atf fluid in it, see what that does.