PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable End Links, I FOUND THEM!!!

Stewi
05-12-2008, 11:54 PM
Finally after much searching I found these bad boys....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-06-Mitsubishi-Galant-Adjustable-Ft-Sway-Bar-Links_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713Q2em153Q2el12 62QQcategoryZ33592QQihZ021QQitemZ310028308154

now they may not solve my problem, but they should be a step in the right direction, I know they price is steep, but you can charge whatever you want when your the only game in town.

Ivory8g
05-12-2008, 11:57 PM
good gawd they are expensive. but yeah they look worth it. Are you going to order them?

Stewi
05-13-2008, 02:49 AM
Well it all depends on what Megan is gonna do for me. If they wont replace the coilovers im going to buy custom end links for $200 and send them the bill. My other option is to buy JIC lower mounts because I know for a fact those are made PERFECT to fit correctly. I gotta see how much they cost tho, if its more than $300 im not sure.

run1206
05-13-2008, 03:47 AM
good find!!! i still need an end link for my right side. sway bar's still not connected yet :( i wa sthinking of getting the stock ones from Mitsubishi but i heard they are expensive as well.

i might consider these, thanks Stewi :D

RedGalant2k1
05-13-2008, 08:19 AM
$75 per link isn't that bad at all, especially for an adjustable performance end link. I've seen factory sway links as much as $150 per link.

WarmAndSCSI
05-13-2008, 08:22 AM
As another note, you can (probably) use front endlinks designed for 2002+ WRX/STIs on the REAR of our 8G Galants. It depends on the design, but many aftermarket OEM-style replacements for both platforms are the same.

For example, I think these would work: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Agency-Power-Subaru-WRX-STi-Front-Sway-Bar-End-Links_W0QQitemZ130220946958QQcmdZViewItem?hash=ite m130220946958&

Shared this info on GF, not really sure if anybody was listening. Hope this helps somebody.

RAZ_76
05-13-2008, 09:20 AM
Why don't you guys just take out the front sway bar and be done with it? free mod. As low as some of you are, including myself, the sway bar delete up front will not make a difference, stock or 1.0 to 1.5 drop, it might but that suspension is pretty stiff. Years ago when my daily was slammed, both my links snapped and I didn't even know until months later when I was replacing my brakes. The car handled the same way because I was so low. This is just an alternative, if you guys think you you will be going 150 plus miles an hour and put a lot of stress on your sway bar to really spend 150+ on sway bar links, go for it but I for one would not, why?? Just take it out and go drive around, I guarantee you that you will not notice a difference. My 2 cents of course, try it at your own risk. I have but that's just me.

GOOSEY2099
05-13-2008, 09:51 AM
hate to tell but they suck!

I have them for a while now and i actually bent one naturallywhe the threaded part is on link

RedGalant2k1
05-13-2008, 10:13 AM
Why don't you guys just take out the front sway bar and be done with it? free mod. As low as some of you are, including myself, the sway bar delete up front will not make a difference, stock or 1.0 to 1.5 drop, it might but that suspension is pretty stiff. Years ago when my daily was slammed, both my links snapped and I didn't even know until months later when I was replacing my brakes. The car handled the same way because I was so low. This is just an alternative, if you guys think you you will be going 150 plus miles an hour and put a lot of stress on your sway bar to really spend 150+ on sway bar links, go for it but I for one would not, why?? Just take it out and go drive around, I guarantee you that you will not notice a difference. My 2 cents of course, try it at your own risk. I have but that's just me.

Did you have a STB on your daily? If so that would be part of the reason for not noticing the reduced sway bar performance.

GOOSEY2099
05-13-2008, 10:29 AM

no .

Stewi
05-13-2008, 01:47 PM
hate to tell but they suck!

I have them for a while now and i actually bent one naturallywhe the threaded part is on link

but yours were bolt thru heim joints, totally different than what I posted.

Raz I undertsand what your saying, but from my point of view, at least for my application getting rid of that bar is out of the question, I need any extra stability that I can get, plus with the adjustable links you can preload the bar to your liking for a better feel. I am going to buy these things thursday (payday). I spoke with the guy from powergrid this morning, very knowledgable about suspension and easy to talk to, didnt rush me off the phone or anything and gave me some good info. He said he can make ones for us for the rear too as long as we give him the specs we want like overall length from center to center, stud length, stud diameter and +/- adjustment variance desired.

run1206
05-13-2008, 01:56 PM
i don't have an STB, the Megan one doesn't fit with the Outlander IM so i have to get the 3G one. Plus, my sway bar's been dangling on the right side since i finished the suspension in January. i'm only dropped 1.5" in the front but i drive aggressively which is why i wanna get that sway bar on asap...

spdracr
05-13-2008, 02:29 PM
so r these better than the moog ones ?? my right link has been replaced but the left one is not and i can go for a new set i just gotta figure out which ones to get

Ivory8g
05-13-2008, 05:50 PM
but yours were bolt thru heim joints, totally different than what I posted.

Raz I undertsand what your saying, but from my point of view, at least for my application getting rid of that bar is out of the question, I need any extra stability that I can get, plus with the adjustable links you can preload the bar to your liking for a better feel. I am going to buy these things thursday (payday). I spoke with the guy from powergrid this morning, very knowledgable about suspension and easy to talk to, didnt rush me off the phone or anything and gave me some good info. He said he can make ones for us for the rear too as long as we give him the specs we want like overall length from center to center, stud length, stud diameter and +/- adjustment variance desired.

Wow this sounds promising, Ummm group buy?

Grider
05-13-2008, 06:34 PM
I dont know where you guys are buying your links but I got mine at advanced auto for like 30 bucks..... 150$ thats crazy.

glantv699
05-13-2008, 10:06 PM
A pair of stock sway links from the dealership cost me no more than $60, I forget the exact price since it was a while back. The adjustability would be nice but one should expect that to come with a price tag.

spdracr
05-13-2008, 11:40 PM
I dont know where you guys are buying your links but I got mine at advanced auto for like 30 bucks..... 150$ thats crazy.

yeah u got the stock ones which are crap for us since we r running the coilovers and we r having problems with them so we have to get the aftermarket better ones or the adjustable ones in stewi's case

A pair of stock sway links from the dealership cost me no more than $60, I forget the exact price since it was a while back. The adjustability would be nice but one should expect that to come with a price tag.

u get what u pay for

Grider
05-16-2008, 08:04 PM
[QUOTE=spdracr;374187]yeah u got the stock ones which are crap for us since we r running the coilovers and we r having problems with them so we have to get the aftermarket better ones or the adjustable ones in stewi's case

TRUE............