PDA

View Full Version : I made up my mind

XXL4G64
05-13-2008, 12:34 AM
Now for sometime i been looking around and thinking if this is what i really want to do and hell yeah it is im go from :http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/12/web/3048000-3048999/3048215_1_full.jpg

TO This Bad Boy

http://www.japangeneralmotor.com/engines/4G63-Turbo-Engineonly.jpg

Now my only thing i want to know now what else would i need because this engine come with

# Transmission (AWD) - Will i need 2 find a 2g fwd tranny?
# Turbo
# Wiring Harness
# ECU
# Intake manifold
# Exhaust Manifold - will i have to redo my exhaust system?
# Alternator
# A/C
# Power steering pump
# Starter
# Sensors

seth98esT
05-13-2008, 12:40 AM
Start here:
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=12281&highlight=4g63t

And here:
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=19486&highlight=swap

And finish here:
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f39/sethmo38/1998%20Mitsubishi%20Galant%20ES-T/IMG_7106_us.jpg

bmore303
05-13-2008, 12:42 AM
Hate to rain on you parade, but if you really can't figure out what you need to swap to a 63t... don't you think you're in over your head? Not only is it discussed in these forums, but multiple DSM or 4G64 related forums discuss the same exact thing.

XXL4G64
05-13-2008, 01:28 AM
oooo i never said im about 2 do it all my self i got some friends that can help me i want 2 have some in out and thanks seth

kbeast
05-13-2008, 03:25 AM
y not just swap the head??? no replacement for displacement

laxinwarrior
05-13-2008, 10:10 AM
Why did you feel it was necessary to create ANOTHER THREAD when you already have one asking about this?

And seriously, if you don't even understand the mechanics of what is involved in the swap and why certain things will or won't work on your platform, you are not ready to undertake a project of this magnitude regardless of whether you have friends to help you or not.

What happens when your car breaks down on the side of the road in the middle of the night and you don't have anyone else around to tell you what went wrong? I'm sure that's one if the shittiest feelings ever when you have to admit to yourself that you're fucked cuz (insert name here) who rewired the ecu messed up a splice for the transistor and now you aren't getting spark and you have no idea what any of that means let alone be able to diagnose it. Sorry for the run-on sentence but you get the point.

XXL4G64
05-13-2008, 10:35 AM
^^^ and like i said do you think that im going 2 be doing all of this

Serstylz2
05-13-2008, 10:38 AM
you can't do that swap. thread closed

bmore303
05-13-2008, 10:57 AM
Dude to be honest if YOU can't do it how do you expect to maintain the car once the thing is finally running?

Seriously have you ever worked on a car second hand? Have you ever tried to trace what in the hell the previous owner did when they modded a vehicle? It's a royal PAIN IN THE ASS. I've found so much faulty/crappy wiring in that stang in my sig it's beyond frustrating.

I understand that people are going to help you, but even they are going to need to know what is needed for the swap and you can't even produce any answers. Like Joe said, would hate to see the car break down on you far from home and you're clueless.

XXL4G64
05-13-2008, 11:05 PM
Dude to be honest if YOU can't do it how do you expect to maintain the car once the thing is finally running?

Seriously have you ever worked on a car second hand? Have you ever tried to trace what in the hell the previous owner did when they modded a vehicle? It's a royal PAIN IN THE ASS. I've found so much faulty/crappy wiring in that stang in my sig it's beyond frustrating.

I understand that people are going to help you, but even they are going to need to know what is needed for the swap and you can't even produce any answers. Like Joe said, would hate to see the car break down on you far from home and you're clueless.

im not that clues on my car trust me it is something i really like to do and everything i do have friends that can help me and im be looking and listen to what they tell me and have my hands on everything so i know what is going on plus i know what is to use a turbo engine and more....

laxinwarrior
05-15-2008, 05:51 PM
What the fuck did you just say?!? :confused:

XXL4G64
05-15-2008, 11:51 PM
Nevermind I Will Just Tell You When Im Done

microgalant
08-17-2008, 01:46 AM
well man, this is only if you have the money to do it.
Get a stand alone system, (aem or microtech)get intercooler, pipes, blow off valve, get a VCE for the gearbox.
Get the enginein, let someone that knows, put the standalone for you,(BYE BYE STOCK COMPUTER, MOST OF THE SENSORS)
So simple.
This is mine, check it out. http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w201/microgalant/DSC02611.jpg

dwjp90
08-17-2008, 01:59 AM
ummmm, wow.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k270/razvan76/kaboom.jpg

mitgalantes
08-17-2008, 02:09 AM
Why did you feel it was necessary to create ANOTHER THREAD when you already have one asking about this?

And seriously, if you don't even understand the mechanics of what is involved in the swap and why certain things will or won't work on your platform, you are not ready to undertake a project of this magnitude regardless of whether you have friends to help you or not.

What happens when your car breaks down on the side of the road in the middle of the night and you don't have anyone else around to tell you what went wrong? I'm sure that's one if the shittiest feelings ever when you have to admit to yourself that you're fucked cuz (insert name here) who rewired the ecu messed up a splice for the transistor and now you aren't getting spark and you have no idea what any of that means let alone be able to diagnose it. Sorry for the run-on sentence but you get the point.

Joe i love reading your responses to threads like these cracks me the fuck up..hahahah

and for XX or whatever u call yourself no need to find another tranny keep yours..for parts ugh use the search tool that helps..u need more then what its stated in the "this engine includes" list u need misc stuff like couplers tbolt clamps injectors so much more you really need to read into this before u appraoch it with a wrench cuz it will bite and it bites hard and when it does you should be able to know right from lookin at it whats wrong..just go read what a turbo is and does and in detail you really learn alot from it..and this is coming from the person whos friends told them there was a level 1 and a level 2 in auto trans? and u want them to mess around wiht your wiring and engine? and the kid who wanted to throw in the vr4 3kgt in his galant? kid adult whatever ur age is..lets slow down..actually take in some consideration what your dealin with..turbo is something u just dont slap on and think nothing will happen...what u guna do when ur crusin around being an idiot pushin to much boost and lift the head..(no offense joe) hopefully u dont be the ones to go and blame your frineds..this is something you should no and take the fact it can happen wich is another idea to upgrade the internals..if u can do that seeing u couldnt get the head off the engine cuz it was stuck...listen dont take what i said or what anyone else said to heart..this is to show to you what ur really dealin with...we are not here to harrass u or stop you but look out for out fellow G members..so take your time in the build..if i was you just keep the 4g64 and boost it..since u hopefully no somewhat about ur engine already...so good luck in whatver you do and we will be here for your help

galantryinbattle
08-17-2008, 03:04 AM
Hate to rain on you parade, but if you really can't figure out what you need to swap to a 63t... don't you think you're in over your head? Not only is it discussed in these forums, but multiple DSM or 4G64 related forums discuss the same exact thing.

yeah I think its the only important thing any of us have EVER discussed and we've discussed it quite frequently. lol

RacerX4g64S
08-18-2008, 03:58 PM
XXL4g64 I wish you the best of luck, but just hope this is not your daily driver as it may take a while learning as you go reading every post.

Also make a budget and save for it . As you may not be able to complete this, unless you have the money on hand when you need it. I took on a similar engine project for a 79 Trans Am that needs $$$ since i did not plan what it would cost to complete it.

XXL4G64
09-11-2008, 12:27 AM
thank you you racerx4g64s but im going a better way from all what i been reading and looking around from im going to use the 1g turbo head with the 64 block from the j-yard.

RacerX4g64S
09-12-2008, 11:23 AM
If you find the 1g turbo head you may want to also get the wiring harness and ECU. Good luck

XXL4G64
09-12-2008, 06:36 PM
yeah i will my friend who have a friend that have alot of parts so i hope that come thru for me

koji464
09-14-2008, 09:17 PM
Wow, LOVE IT