PDA

View Full Version : drivers side front bumper hanging alittle

laxattack2001
01-10-2003, 10:32 PM
my drivers side front bumper is hanging because i broke the little part of the bumper where the screw was and i need to know how i could fix that. i will try to get a pic of it soon but i dont got a digi-cam so i gotta borrow one from my friends but i need some help on how to put it back on w/o going to a body shop, im very strapped for cash only a highschool student

JiP
01-11-2003, 03:23 AM
Which screws dude?

The lil plastic screws that are like under the headlight units I just cut completely off, so my bumper is installed with only the 4 screws in the center and the 2 screws that mount each side to the front quater panels.

I assume its the side screws that conect the bumper to the panel near the wheels, just find an area on the upper side of the bumper where you can drill a hole into the plastic without it showing on the outside of the car, and throw a ziptie through the hole and zip it down to some of hole in the car. thats the 25cent solution. Zipties and ducttape are a poormans best friend.

laxattack2001
01-11-2003, 08:49 AM
damn where you assumed was just right! if you got any pics of how to do it could you post them thnx

JiP
01-11-2003, 12:37 PM
I just thought of another idea, Ok at the top of the bumper where it actually meets the sheet metal of the side panel, there is a little lip, thats the area where you would drill .... but

If you get some construction adhesive from homedeopt and put a small beed across the joint where the bumper meets the pnel and then stick it up in place it will defintly hold that sucker there for a long long time. But then if you have to remove ur bumper youll have to use a screw driver and pry that side out it wont be like superglued in forever it will pop off pretty easy but will require sanding before regluing it back on.

sorry I dont have any pics though....what exactly was the peice that u broke? the metal clip that catches the screw head, or the plastic of the bumper itself ? If it was just the clip you can just buy it in autozone for like 50 cents

laxattack2001
01-11-2003, 10:08 PM
the plastic

JiP
01-12-2003, 01:34 AM
glue a metal clip to the hole u busted and just screw into that

laxattack2001
01-12-2003, 08:57 PM
fixed it just made a new hole arround the original one was. it looks alright but the normal galant owner can tell but oh well