PDA

View Full Version : Agx struts finally installed!!!

Gizmo
01-11-2003, 05:37 PM
Well I finally got my AGX's installed today https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif man let me tell you what a major difference! For those who saw me last week bouncing up and down Indian Head Highway that is no longer.

There is still a slight bounce but that is expected but it is slight. I fell so much comfortable driving fast now so watch out ( even though my hp sucks :x ).

Ada
01-11-2003, 06:46 PM
Good to know. I'm thinking about upgrading to KYB's all around once I hit the 50k mark.

Ghost Beat
01-11-2003, 06:49 PM
welcome to the agx club i felt the same way when i installed mine the ride i knew would be beter but i didnt think it would be that good it rox but once against congrats!

99DE
01-11-2003, 08:17 PM
Good job, I got mine installed a couple of days ago. Hey, what setting does everyone have theirs at? I have mine at 2 and it's stiff.

Gizmo
01-11-2003, 08:22 PM
Yeah I got mine at 2 also, I like how it feels, it beats what it was before. I did notice that it did raise my front end up a little bit, did this happen to anyone else?

99DE
01-11-2003, 08:32 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gizmo)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah I got mine at 2 also, I like how it feels, it beats what it was before. I did notice that it did raise my front end up a little bit, did this happen to anyone else?</div>

Yes, it raised my car up too. Not to stock height though, just enough I can tell front and back. I think our old struts were just so far gone that's why it settled more. And the drive is very nice, Í might go to setting 1 for the fronts and check that out.

Gizmo
01-11-2003, 08:35 PM
To change the settings of the struts, do you have to raise the car or can you just do it while the car is on the ground?

LOL I just looked at what I asked seems like a real stupid question, but I didn't know LOL

NRG
01-11-2003, 08:58 PM
I have mine set at 3 and liking it...........I don't think you have to raise your car up to change the setting though.....

Ghost Beat
01-11-2003, 09:32 PM
mine's at 3 as well...

Danger DANJ
01-12-2003, 01:24 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gizmo)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah I got mine at 2 also, I like how it feels, it beats what it was before. I did notice that it did raise my front end up a little bit, did this happen to anyone else?</div>

When I swapped my blown fronts for the Konis, my car did raise ever so slightly as well.

I don't know how you guys are riding with the settings at 3 or even 2, 1 makes the ride rough enough.

NRG
01-12-2003, 01:30 AM
Well with 3, I can corner like a bat out of hell.......!!!!

Gilhuly
01-12-2003, 10:00 AM
1 is the stiffest setting - practically riding on blocks. Take the back seat out and play with the settings all around. Start by switching to 4 just to see the other end of the spectrum. If you live in a place with wide smoot roads you can probably go with 2, but for variable terrain I prefer 3 (hilly new England terrain)

NRG
01-12-2003, 11:07 AM
Hmmm, I think you got it backwards bro, 1 is the softest.......4 is the hardest......

99DE
01-12-2003, 11:15 AM
Yep, 4 is the Stiffest and 1 is the softest.

meanrick1969
01-12-2003, 12:44 PM
where can i buy kyb agx online?

99DE
01-12-2003, 02:18 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(meanrick69)</div><div class='quotemain'>where can i buy kyb agx online?</div>

Check this post out.

http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3225 ('http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3225')

Black Magic
01-12-2003, 02:54 PM
did they fit on fine did you have to make any mods to make them fit with the obx coilovers on.

Danger DANJ
01-12-2003, 03:54 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NRG)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well with 3, I can corner like a bat out of hell.......!!!!</div>

Well, with Progress springs, KYB AGX in the rear, Koni struts in the front, an Eclipse Spyder front strut bar and the D3 chassis stiffening kit, I can corner like a bat out of hell too. Even with the KYB's and Koni's set at the softest setting. I can't wait for Norcal to make that rear sway bar.

With the stiffer settings, I found that hitting bumps in the road while cornering causes too much wheel hop. I felt like I was going to skip sideways off the road. I have yet to try the stiffer settings with the D3 chassis stiffening kit which should help with wheel hop, but the ride would still be kind of harsh with all the crappy roads I drive on.

antmoneygtz
01-12-2003, 04:09 PM
sup guys... im lookin to do the same thing you guys did... how much did it cost ya?? and this mite also get alil off the subject but, ill ask anyway. yo danj... where the hell di du get that grill?? i WANT IT!!! an ddid it fit perfectly??? cuz i hear that that type of grill does not fit the stock us galants... oh and another thing... how did u black out ur taillights... thats hot to... thanx for the help guyz... peace...

Gizmo
01-12-2003, 04:20 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(e_nutt09)</div><div class='quotemain'>did they fit on fine did you have to make any mods to make them fit with the obx coilovers on.</div>

The only thing that we had to do was grind down the washer thingy on the strut. It was a little to big so the coilover sleeve couldn't go through, but after you grind it down a little bit it slides right through.

Black Magic
01-12-2003, 08:15 PM
hey gizmo did you install tem yourself? if so what did you use to grind that plate down. can you use something small to do that job like a dremel or something like that or do you need a big piece of machinery?

Gizmo
01-13-2003, 11:43 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(e_nutt09)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey gizmo did you install tem yourself? *if so what did you use to grind that plate down. *can you use something small to do that job like a dremel or something like that or do you need a big piece of machinery?</div>

My friend who does suspesion at a Ford dealership put them on for me, I just watched https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif . They have this big grinding machine there so it wasn't hard at all. Umm I guess yuo could use a Dremmel but it would take forever and you might have to use a few grinders because they will wear down.

Danger DANJ
01-13-2003, 12:46 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(antmoneygtz)</div><div class='quotemain'>sup guys... im lookin to do the same thing you guys did... how much did it cost ya?? and this mite also get alil off the subject but, ill ask anyway. yo danj... where the hell di du get that grill?? i WANT IT!!! an ddid it fit perfectly??? cuz i hear that that type of grill does not fit the stock us galants... oh and another thing... how did u black out ur taillights... thats hot to... thanx for the help guyz... peace...</div>

Sent you a PM.

Ghost Beat
01-13-2003, 01:35 PM
i have mine set to 3 because of upstate ny roads tend to have some major potholes, and i think 2 would be fine with loweing springs but im on coils and sitting low on them so i went with 3 and when i have my 18's on i can hit some very very nice corners with it and i love to https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif.

Danger DANJ
01-13-2003, 02:00 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ghost Beat)</div><div class='quotemain'>i have mine set to 3 because of upstate ny roads tend to have some major potholes, and i think 2 would be fine with loweing springs but im on coils and sitting low on them so i went with 3 and when i have my 18's on i can hit some very very nice corners with it and i love to https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif.</div>

You realize that 2 is softer than 3. Like stated above, 1 is the softetest setting and 4 is the stiffest, so you have yours set really stiff.

GaLaNtKeV99
04-24-2003, 12:52 AM
Listen guys i ordered my Kyb's this week and am waiting for them i also ordered the Progress drop. Wat would be a perfect setting, for daily driving and looks good.

Also i kno the front struts you can change by turning a screw on the actual strut mount but how about the back ones, how do u adjust those?

thanx

Danger DANJ
04-24-2003, 07:08 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GaLaNtKeV99)</div><div class='quotemain'>Listen guys i ordered my Kyb's this week and am waiting for them i also ordered the Progress drop. Wat would be a perfect setting, for daily driving and looks good. *

Also i kno the front struts you can change by turning a screw on the actual strut mount but how about the back ones, how do u adjust those?

thanx</div>

Adjusting the KYB's doesn't really have anyhing to do with looks, just handling. I suggest you get an alignment after the drop and wait a few days for the Progress springs to settle, then play around with the settings on the KYB's until you get them the way you like it. There really isn't a perfect setting, it's all about personal preference. I'm rolling on 18's with the Progress springs and I can't take the stiff ass ride, so I have my shocks on the softest setting.

As far as adjusting the rears, they adjust the same way as the fronts. You have to take the back seat out to get to the top of the shock. So, get the setting where you like it before you put the seat back in.

GaLaNtKeV99
04-24-2003, 07:27 AM
Thanx DANJ, anyother questions ill post wen i actually get them installed

Im not installing them a shop is, also i was plannin on getting the four wheel alignment at the sametime as the drop. so u dont hav to worry about that. Ill update as soon as i get my drop.

I appreciate it

mrjaydeeone
04-24-2003, 01:57 PM
I ordered my shocks and struts yesterday...I should have the by the end of next week and installed shortly after that.
My car wasn't aligned after the drop last year.
Should I get it done after the shock/strut install?

GaLaNtKeV99
04-24-2003, 09:53 PM
Well Jay thats wat i plan on doin, but my reason is b/c i got the practically brand new tires from Bryant.

Jay are you takin to Rich's shop they chatged him 175 for installation of springs, struts and shocks, and 4 wheel alignment.

Oh yea i ordered my springs from ptuning, and i check my order status and it says they are 2 to 4 weeks back order, should i call and ask or jus wait and see?

mrjaydeeone
04-24-2003, 10:53 PM
Kev if I'm not mistaken it was only 175
and I got someone in Jersey that's gonna help me do the install for nothing
and then I just gotta bring car to mechanic for alignment

GaLaNtKeV99
04-24-2003, 11:18 PM
Yea j sorry i meant 175. i changed it. Wat do u think about the price.

Oh yea J wat setting are u gooin to put yor kyb's on or are u goin to test it out.?

mrjaydeeone
04-25-2003, 12:02 AM
I'm gonna test them out and see...but I'm thinking 2 like most of the other members.
As far as price thats a good price. by me it's 200 plus alignment

Danger DANJ
04-25-2003, 11:20 PM
Yeah, Jay, definitely get an alignment. When I got mine after I installed my springs the mechanic told me my alignment was way out. Probably from hitting all those damn pot holes. Even if you don't do work on your suspension, it's a good idea to get an alignment every once in a while.

antmoneygtz
04-26-2003, 12:41 PM
whats up guys... im lookin to get the kyb agx adjustables from coximports.com but i gotta question to ask you guys first...on the application guide on their website there is no application for a 00-up mitsubishi galant. which strut/shock would i pick for a 2001 mitsubishi galant gtz... im exited to get'em cuz i jus ordered my racer design coilover kit aswell... oh, what do you think is a good setting to have on my shoxand struts with moderately bumpy roads... im thinkin of settin mine to 2 front and back... what are ur opinions...and would it be alright to drop my car the day i put on the shox/struts and coilovers. i wanna be able to drop it and get an allignment on all four tires the same day... but would that be bad for the kybz??? any info'll help guys.. peace...

mrjaydeeone
04-26-2003, 02:57 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(antmoneygtz)</div><div class='quotemain'>whats up guys... im lookin to get the kyb agx adjustables from coximports.com but i gotta question to ask you guys first...on the application guide on their website there is no application for a 00-up mitsubishi galant. which strut/shock would i pick for a 2001 mitsubishi galant gtz... im exited to get'em cuz i jus ordered my racer design coilover kit aswell... oh, what do you think is a good setting to have on my shoxand struts with moderately bumpy roads... im thinkin of settin mine to 2 front and back... what are ur opinions...and would it be alright to drop my car the day i put on the shox/struts and coilovers. *i wanna be able to drop it and get an allignment on all four tires the same day... but would that be bad for the kybz??? any info'll help guys.. peace...</div>

yo how much are they there..??if they more then 380 shipped
you should order from irotors.com check the group buy section
they 380 shipped

antmoneygtz
04-26-2003, 06:29 PM
guys i dont know how ur buying the kyb agx shox/struts... i've been lookin for two days and i cant find one site that has kyb agx shox/struts for a 2001 mitsubishi galant... some1 please help!!!!

leadfoot
04-26-2003, 10:14 PM
can you post pic's of your ride after the drop?

antmoneygtz
04-26-2003, 11:44 PM
no doubt... once i order these ayb agxz and roll over the fenders... ill give it da drop and u guys will be the first for pics...

mrjaydeeone
04-27-2003, 05:35 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/p077cc4e00aaab11d31e8a9daf3becc85/fc441b7b.jpg

heres mine
progress 2.0 drop in front and 1.8 drop i back with 18s

Danger DANJ
04-27-2003, 07:38 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(antmoneygtz)</div><div class='quotemain'>guys i dont know how ur buying the kyb agx shox/struts... i've been lookin for two days and i cant find one site that has kyb agx shox/struts for a 2001 mitsubishi galant... some1 please help!!!!</div>

The KYB's you want are listed under the 2000-2003 Eclipse.

antmoneygtz
04-28-2003, 12:37 PM
c i figured that but i wasnt sure... thanx alot man...

antmoneygtz
04-28-2003, 12:51 PM
ok guys... my racer design coilovers are on its way aswell as the kyb agx shox/struts... any advise you guys got to give me... or do u think there mite be anything else that i mite need??? oh and another thing.... did any of you guys roll over your rear fenders... i pretty much know im gonna have to... how much $$ is it gonna cost me???

Danger DANJ
04-29-2003, 11:56 AM
ok guys... my racer design coilovers are on its way aswell as the kyb agx shox/struts... any advise you guys got to give me... or do u think there mite be anything else that i mite need??? oh and another thing.... did any of you guys roll over your rear fenders... i pretty much know im gonna have to... how much $$ is it gonna cost me???

Well, you have 18x8's right? What is your offset? If your offset isn't too far from stock, you may get away with not having to roll the fenders. You will probably have to go without a rear camber kit though, so the top of the wheels tilt inwards a little.

antmoneygtz
04-30-2003, 12:46 PM
yea i think thats what im gonna need to do... the type of offset i have actually makes the tire stick out a very little bit... so i guess ill jus roll'em over and hope for a -2....

GaLaNtKeV99
04-30-2003, 10:07 PM
I ordered my struts exactly 10 days agao and they still havent arrived. My springs i kno are on 2-4 wk. back order. Hav any of you received them.?

Black Magic
04-30-2003, 10:19 PM
i think i ordered my AGX's the day after you did and i didnt get anything yet either....

GaLaNtKeV99
04-30-2003, 10:22 PM
O ok, did u get any tracking number, kim said.?

Black Magic
04-30-2003, 10:27 PM
All i got was a recipt with a confirmation number emailed to me i didnt get any type of tracking number. did you?

GaLaNtKeV99
04-30-2003, 10:31 PM
nope me either, i got the same as you.

antmoneygtz
05-01-2003, 12:15 AM
thats weird mine came pretty quick.... bout 2 dayz after i ordered them...

GaLaNtKeV99
05-01-2003, 11:19 AM
How long agao did u order them. I still havent gotten mine.

antmoneygtz
05-01-2003, 11:24 AM
i ordered mine 3 dayz ago and they were at my house yesterday...

GaLaNtKeV99
05-01-2003, 11:29 AM
Did you order them from irotors. or somewhere else, b/c irotors was selling them for $340.

GaLaNtKeV99
05-01-2003, 12:22 PM
Aight, i was posting on tgc about not gettin them yet and guess who rings the doorbell,... UPS, sweet, now all i have to wait for are my springs.

They are here there are 4 boxes.

antmoneygtz
05-01-2003, 02:20 PM
hahaha... yea now im jus waitin for my coilovers...

mrjaydeeone
05-01-2003, 02:30 PM
my shocks and struts were sent out Monday, and I should be getting them Tuesday

Black Magic
05-03-2003, 07:34 PM
i still havent gotten mine i hope they come in on monday

mrjaydeeone
05-07-2003, 02:18 PM
well good news...I got my shocks and struts today

mrjaydeeone
05-07-2003, 02:51 PM
bad news
I dont see anything on them to adjust them
am I crazy or

Ghost Beat
05-07-2003, 03:08 PM
check on the very top of the struts and shox should have gotten a tiny screwdriver with them hmm sounds weird.. look at it this way stand your shock or sturt up and look down onto it you should see it.

mrjaydeeone
05-07-2003, 03:10 PM
check on the very top of the struts and shox should have gotten a tiny screwdriver with them hmm sounds weird.. look at it this way stand your shock or sturt up and look down onto it you should see it.

I'm looking the rear set should have a dial on side right?? I dont see it
and the front I dont see anything on top

I got 4 litle skrewdrivers with this

but i dont know
I went to the kyb site and the rear have a dial in the pic

I just got pics from another member and they look different

mine dont look like this
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/db3e680f/bc...cM.Wu.AumQ_GB9z ('http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/db3e680f/bc/AnTmOnEyGtZ/IM000336.jpg?bcM.Wu.AumQ_GB9z')

or like this
http://www.kyb.com/shocks/agx.html ('http://www.kyb.com/shocks/agx.html')

Ghost Beat
05-07-2003, 04:18 PM
look at the top metal shiny that should have come with a little clear plastic cover on it the very tip of the shock and struts should have 4 colors and numbers on them with a slot on there for the screw driver i dont have the turn style either mine are all at the top.

mrjaydeeone
05-07-2003, 05:13 PM
look at the top metal shiny that should have come with a little clear plastic cover on it the very tip of the shock and struts should have 4 colors and numbers on them with a slot on there for the screw driver i dont have the turn style either mine are all at the top.

mine dont have that...
my rears look exactly like the one on the kyb site 'cept there is no dial on the side of mine
and the fronts look the same cept there is no dial on top
unless its a seperate piece in the package?
should it come with the piece already on the shock/strut

Ghost Beat
05-07-2003, 05:25 PM
i dont have any dials either but i have the adjustment up top on all 4 if you dont have that i dunno what went wrong there...

mrjaydeeone
05-07-2003, 05:43 PM
i dont have any dials either but i have the adjustment up top on all 4 if you dont have that i dunno what went wrong there...

each 1 came in its own box
within the box was either a shock or a strut, and a little baggie.,..
in the baggie was a skrewdriver, a bolt or 2 depending on whether it was a shock or strut, and a agx sticker

the threaded end of the bolt on the shock or strut has a little plastic wrapper on it.

is the control seperate, and has to be attached, or should it be on there already

Ghost Beat
05-07-2003, 06:36 PM
k i found this pic that shows what i mean

http://www.scoobymods.com/mods/impreza/images/strut_04.jpg

the top with the 4 colors is how i adjust mine on all the shox and the struts

mrjaydeeone
05-07-2003, 06:43 PM
its that tiny.,....maybe I didnt even notice it

the pic that I have the link to above from yahoo
it looks huge

Ghost Beat
05-07-2003, 07:01 PM
heh ya took me a sec to find it when i got it but mine came with instructions on where it is so i knew it from that.

mrjaydeeone
05-07-2003, 07:45 PM
heh ya took me a sec to find it when i got it but mine came with instructions on where it is so i knew it from that.

so how come the other set is different the set in the yahoo pic
those were just ordered from irotors also

Ghost Beat
05-07-2003, 07:54 PM
i dunno i never got into it long as it works i dont mind it.

mrjaydeeone
05-07-2003, 08:02 PM
well just had my sister check mine and there it is ...whoops

Ghost Beat
05-07-2003, 09:10 PM
heh thougth as much https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

mrjaydeeone
05-07-2003, 09:45 PM
thanks for your help

Ghost Beat
05-07-2003, 11:45 PM
not a problem thats what we all around for. youve prolly helped me out in the past with something or the other :thumbsup:

GaLaNtKeV99
05-08-2003, 10:03 AM
The adjustable dial thats on top is in the same place for all for (shocks/struts).

mrjaydeeone
05-08-2003, 07:01 PM
The adjustable dial thats on top is in the same place for all for (shocks/struts).

thanks Kev
how ya feeling

GaLaNtKeV99
05-08-2003, 07:10 PM
A lot better, doctors appointment tomorrow, may be removing stiches also, Thanx :thumbsup:

Danger DANJ
05-09-2003, 11:39 AM
There is an 8G owner on here with rear KYB AGX's that have a dial on the side. I remember a post from him saying that they are from and older Eclipse. I think a 2G, maybe it was a 1G? I don't remember, but that may be what you saw in the pic Jay.

antmoneygtz
05-12-2003, 07:44 PM
just to let you guys know... i jus installed my kybz with the racer design coilovers... gave it a 2 inch drop so far and the springs have yet to settle... but i jus wanna inform you not to order the racer design coilovers for a eclipse because they will not fit our 8gz... thank got for the shop i go to cuz they're jus nasty with cars... the front coilovers went in with no problem... but the rears were horrible... they had to actually cut the sleeve in half.... but as for the ride... they're great... bumpy but that was expected...

GaLaNtKeV99
05-12-2003, 08:00 PM
I got my kyb, but my progress springs are on back order still. They said that they would probably be in by the end of May. So im still waitin.

mrjaydeeone
05-15-2003, 12:13 PM
well got the struts installed today what a better ride....Im set on 2 front and rear...also...noticed mycar went up in front and ear...gotta wait for them to settle I guess
also found out that my driver side front strut was blown...I thought so but wasnt sure...thats the same that took the hit with the hole last year when I bent my rim
and last night hit another hole and blew out a tire..S-O-B 195 bucks for a new tire :twisted:

Mgalant99
05-15-2003, 05:22 PM
Will the kyb agx's work with groundcontrol coilovers??? Does anyone know?? The reason I ask is because I swear I remember hearing that the agx's will not fit with the groundcontrol coilovers. Any help is appreciated!!

Thanks,

Dan

antmoneygtz
05-15-2003, 05:59 PM
they will work with no problem.

2True
05-15-2003, 06:55 PM
They will work, with 2 options...

1. You order the GC's that a specifically designed for the AGX (they have a different sleeve)

2. You buy just plain ol' GC, and shave out a portion on either the sleeve or the strut perch.

GalantT3
05-16-2003, 09:17 AM
I got my KYB AGX gas shocks front and back put in with eibach pro kit springs! All that with a combination of my STB bar from freedom design can you say "hot shit"!!! The car is amazing!!!! Its like driving a sports car, Im loosing other cars around the turns I dont have to hit the brakes, it just hugs the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All this new suspension on top of my supercharger that Ripp mods has finished for me ( thats right Im the first 4cyl Supercharged car) The car is just wow, Im in love with the car all over again!!!!!
I love every second of it!!!!!!!!

The AGX gas shocks for the eclipse fit the galant if anyone was wondering no mods needed!!!!! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

:peace:

antmoneygtz
05-16-2003, 02:48 PM
galant3 i know exactly what u mean... i just put in coilovers a stiffining kit front and rear lower sway bars and a strut bar... i have a 2 inch drop in the front and a 1 inch in the rear and all four shox set to 2... and man its awsome... i posted pics if anyone wants to check it out... but remember it will be a bout a half an inch lower in about 2 weeks i just have to wait for the springs on the coilover to settle....

lemongtz
05-20-2003, 03:50 AM
Hey guys,
I just raced my stock 2001 GTZ in an autocross event yesterday, how dissapointing though. The car, with Yokohama AVS ES100 stock sized tires, understeer like crazy. I tried to balance the car with 40PSI front and 42PSI rear, and it does help a bit (the car rotates upon lift off throttle) but any bit of throttle will put the car back into understeering situation.

I would like to stay in the GS class in SCCA, so does anyone of you have any suggestions? (By the way, the rule says, no bigger wheels or tires; no aftermarket springs; no engine mods; no brake mods; and no exhaust mods before cat) Help me out--my friends 97 Maxima is 3 seconds faster!!!

Alister_McRae
05-20-2003, 04:10 AM
would like to stay in the GS class in SCCA, so does anyone of you have any suggestions? (By the way, the rule says, no bigger wheels or tires; no aftermarket springs; no engine mods; no brake mods; and no exhaust mods before cat) Help me out--my friends 97 Maxima is 3 seconds faster!!!

Where was the autocross? I participated in one here in prescott az, wasn't sactioned by the SCCA, but it was still fun, drove a 1999 turbo beetle. You cant really do much except learn how to drive better. Go to a race car driving school, or better yet rally school. A car is only as good as its driver.

lemongtz
05-20-2003, 11:44 AM
The autocross is in Houston. I go to almost everyone of them, including non SCCA ones, but to participate in SCCA ones, I will have to follow the rules.

I used my sister's '02 Beetle turbo to autocross as well, and whenever I use that car, my result is better (referencing to my friend's Maxima's time, in most cases, less than 1 second difference). But the turbo lag in the beetle is quite a nuisance.

Comparing Beetle and my Galant, the Galant just feel like it don't stick to the ground! Both have almost the same amount of body roll, but the beetle just seem to stick better.

Anyways, anymore suggestions?

GaLaNtKeV99
05-29-2003, 07:52 PM
Well, finally installed my KYB AGX's today, with my Sprint Springs, love the drop. Looks really different, but the ride is really hard.

The KYB's are set to 2 all around. I guess i jus hav to get used to the hard ride. You feel all holes and bumps. :nope:

Ill keep you guys posted about how it goes.

I4_dymond
06-09-2003, 12:29 AM
I will be getting the KYB AGX's also this week on Thrusday. I too a have Sprint sprint springs 1.8" all around. I agree the ride stance look alot better. It's a little bouncy in the front. I'm sure the AGX's will fix the problem. :thumbsup:[/quote]

Dilemma
06-17-2003, 12:42 AM
Just ordered my gr2 gas shocks from tirerack. However I am having trouble in choosing my rear struts. (since we (ES i4) have rear struts) should just order the rear shocks off a 2k and up eclipse?