PDA

View Full Version : Rattling door

sd2775906
01-11-2003, 08:19 PM
When I put my stereo up, sounds like the door is rattling somewhere. Is it the door handle, window buttons, etc...or just the speaker blown??
It's been bothering me for days.
Thanks

Auto-9
01-11-2003, 08:33 PM
No idea, but so far it's happened on both of my Galants that I've owned, both 8g.

BGR
01-11-2003, 08:45 PM
I think it's the 'cup' handle in the door panel. It needs to be re-tightened. Also, I remember someone saying a couple years back about the styrofoam inside the door. There is a large square block located slightly lower to the left of this door handle cup (inside - on the drivers side. To the right on the passenger side). Remove it.

NRG
01-11-2003, 08:52 PM
Hmmmm, I've never had any rattling on my doors ever. The only thing that rattles inside my car is the C-pillars and the 3rd brake light. You might want to check there to see maybe you thought it was your door...

rickyp1016
01-25-2003, 11:12 PM
Mine does the same thing. At first I thought it was my speaker, then I thought it was my suspension...But I had it checked out by my aftermarket guy, and he said it may be the doors. He told me to wipe the rubber sills on the doors with Silicone Spray. I haven't tried this yet myself, so I may not even kno what i'm talking about

01-26-2003, 06:52 PM
My cup handle is also a pain in the butt... have to re-screw it every once a while..... and my glove box too .... those 2 things always givesme rattleing problems.

VegasMatt
01-26-2003, 10:44 PM
I used to have a nasty rattle in my door. When I would accelerate it would just rattle between certain speeds from the vibrations of the car. I took the door panel off and tightened everything in the door panel (ie: the woodgrain, the cup, anything with screws) and it went away. You may want to try the same.

Good luck.