PDA

View Full Version : New Fog Light question...

sj420
01-11-2003, 09:52 PM
What hardware would I need if I were to change the stock 37.5W fog lights to 55w H3 fog lights? New relay? New wiring? I some electrical advice.

Just to give you an idea...http://www.4apc.net/parts_html/images/drivinglights/clear/50-5008C_L.jpg

Something along the lines of those diamond cut lights.

On another note... I thought angel eye fog lights could look pretty straight too. Has anyone done this?

pinoyesv6
01-12-2003, 02:59 PM
with most fog light kits everything is included, wiring and the mounting hardware. uhm if you have some electrical experience, u can utilize the stock wiring and switch.

as for the angel eye fogs, they do make em. just look around on the net and tuner mags

missbitchy
01-13-2003, 01:36 PM
i pretty much have the same question, i wanna put fogs but they are a h3 bulb and i wanna run it off the existing wireing would it be a problem...???

pinoyesv6
01-13-2003, 01:59 PM
mounting would be the hardest part to the install. uhm your new fogs should come with a wiring harness so u either have a choise of using ur existing fog light wiring and splicing the two harnesses together or just running a new harness and switch.

sj420
01-14-2003, 12:32 PM
The extra power that the new fogs are gonna draw - is that going to be an issue?

pinoyesv6
01-14-2003, 07:44 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sj420)</div><div class='quotemain'>The extra power that the new fogs are gonna draw - is that going to be an issue?</div>

it shouldn't be. but if u are really scared (i blow up parts on my car all the time) u can rig it up so that when u hit the oem switch, it will trigger a relay to turn on the new fogs using the battery as the power source. you basically mix and match the old and new fog light harness

missbitchy
01-15-2003, 11:08 AM
what if i were to add thicker wires where the fog light gets pluged into the stock wires?