PDA

View Full Version : painting rims

EATsleepJDM
05-26-2008, 09:55 PM
i have a set of proline rims,yes i know they are cheap, but i wanna paint them completely semi bright orange or paint them black with a lime green lip dont kno any suggests for the color? and no i will not get other rims because i am not going to keep the car forever because i am going to save my money for a diferent car but i am trying to do the most with what i have right now....

link for pic of rims they are the same but i have silver: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2381761

guynlidia2006
05-26-2008, 10:09 PM
powder coat them... will last longer and look better

Stewi
05-26-2008, 11:02 PM
powder coat them... will last longer and look better

it appears that his goal is quick, easy and looks decent, rather than time consuming, more costly and looks better. He doesnt seem to care about the long term as the car might be gone by then

with that being said....

its going to be hard to get a stripe around that lip because the spoke goes into the lip and not into the "band" if the wheel. Your best bet is to paint the entire wheel one color. To do that, scuff them up good with some 500 grit sandpaper or even a red scotchbrite pad, if your gonna use sandpaper, us a sanding block whle doing the face of the spokes so they are sanded evenly. For paint, you can either paint then with good ole spray paint and then some clear, or you can bring them to a body shop and have them painted with automotive paint, clear coated and baked for a good quality job. a body should would probably charge you $100 to do it, if you did all the sanding and stuff yourself. If not, just spend the $20 on spray paint and do it yourself.

kylecanthurdle
05-26-2008, 11:43 PM
no set of lime green or orange rims on a car will look good. powder coat them black and polish the lip imho

Serstylz2
05-27-2008, 08:18 AM
but i wanna paint them completely semi bright orange or paint them black with a lime green lip..link for pic of rims they are the same but i have silver: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2381761

WHAT?!

G-spot
05-27-2008, 09:54 AM
paint the wheels purple and then put the lime green lip...