PDA

View Full Version : 98 eclipse turbo with AWD

bronxbombr
08-16-2002, 07:04 PM
I just need some feedback on how i should go about this. I had a conversation with this D.J. and he gave me alot of insight, now i wanna know what u think.

How can i swap the motor and tranny to my 7g and what would i need if i dont wanna change to AWD?

Initial -G-host
08-17-2002, 06:49 AM
Well....all you would need is the motor, intake manifold, exhaust manifold, turbo, downpipe, motor mounts, and some other little stuff like the oil feed lines, cam belts, etc etc. You could just bolt on your exsisting galant tranny to the 4g63t...but it won't be as strong as the Eclipse tranny it was originally mated to. You would also need to look into getting a GS-T ECU....your stock ECU may work (I am getting different answers with this particular question). Since you are saying you don't want AWD, you won't need the GSX tranny, drive shaft and rear differential.

98galant
08-17-2002, 09:59 AM
SORRY to change the subject but i need to ask, how much stronger is the eclipse GST or GSX tranny?????????
Does it have diffrent gear ratio so you would higher speeds at lower rpm??????

Initial -G-host
08-17-2002, 10:52 AM
Those trannies are built to handle and load and stress of the motor output. GS-T and GSX trannies are built for a motor that is pushing out 210 bhp / 214 lbs/ft of torque. The Galant Tranny (Has a reputation of being bad) was built to handle the output of 140 bhp / 141 lb/ft torque.