PDA

View Full Version : Suspension

ESdriver00
01-12-2003, 11:19 AM
I currently have Koni Inserts for front shocks, I was wondering if the they had them available for the rear, and are they considered better than the Tokico's in the rear.

My other question is the Eibach Prokit (1.3") better than the H&R springs (1.4")?

BGR
01-12-2003, 11:40 AM
They sell Koni struts (front and rear) at www.tirerack.com I haven't heard of Tokiko struts for the Galant.

I won't go in to the debate whether this spring is better than that spring because it's a matter of choice and people are biased (I'm biased towards Progress Springs because that is what I have). I highly doubt that 1/10 of an inch between Eibach and H&R will garner any noticeable difference in drive quality between the two. The only foreseeable difference would be in price and how much you're willing to spend. Most people here on TGC always want 'the cheapest'. This comment really goes for all drop springs.

99DE
01-12-2003, 02:22 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ESdriver00)</div><div class='quotemain'>I currently have Koni Inserts for front shocks, I was wondering if the they had them available for the rear, and are they considered better than the Tokico's in the rear.

My other question is the Eibach Prokit (1.3") better than the H&R springs (1.4")?</div>

Also, if you don't care about the cheapest, and want ride height and quality, Tein has 2 different sets made specifically for our Galants (It was test fitted on my car). Check this link out and see what drop suites you better. http://www.tein.com/mitsubishi.html ('http://www.tein.com/mitsubishi.html')

Danger DANJ
01-12-2003, 03:44 PM
www.roadraceengineering.com seems to recommend the Tokico rears if you have the Koni fronts. They seem to feel that they compliment the Konis better than the KYB AGX.

ESdriver00
01-12-2003, 09:28 PM
Are the koni fronts as expensive as what roadraceengineering was selling it for? Or are they made by the manufacturer and not custom?

BGR
01-12-2003, 09:59 PM
RRE sells a custom job where the Koni insert is placed into a OEM strut.

ESdriver00
01-12-2003, 10:41 PM
So the other ones are not custom right?