PDA

View Full Version : ??? about EGR rear visor (Mini rant)

Blackmm
06-02-2008, 06:03 PM
I am just curious as to why this particular item is so rare and expensive to get. The way I see it; its plastic and can be easily molded. Does EGR have a patent on these things? Do magic elves make these?

In comparison, I have a set of vent visors and had to special order them. I got them in about 3 days. I ordered some chrome handle covers from China, got them in about 3 weeks. Why does it take 6 months to get them from Australia? After they pour the plastic in the mold, does it take 5 months to cure?

Couldn't AVS or some other manufacturer make them?

:smt076:smt076

9G
06-02-2008, 06:07 PM
lol

Koncept
06-02-2008, 07:06 PM
I have seen other visors made by American companies, but there is a distinct styling difference that I'm sure EGR does have patented. I think the visor itself is made out of much higher quality plastic than what you will typically come across.

And a heads up on the vent visors, I bought some for my G and the quality of the plastic was lower than the visor. The front two visors both cracked and the back driver's side completely fell off somewhere on the highway. The tape was still stuck to my car tho :P

fatal1
06-02-2008, 07:09 PM
yea tehre are a few companies who make the visors but as of now the egr imho looks and is made the best, they are custom made from group buys they are not an advertised product so it all about supply and demand for those who bought extras

Jeffylou87
06-02-2008, 10:04 PM
I had a crappy ebay one.. almost flew off the car.. Then i joined a GB

RAZ_76
06-02-2008, 10:28 PM
I have owned 2 of them now. I just bought another one. They are not that hard to find if you know where to look. I paid 70 bucks shipped both times and they are both EGRs and not knock offs.

Reelax
06-03-2008, 12:12 AM
i paid $150+ to be one of the first 5 in the US to have one back in 2001-2? DANGER DANJ set up the GB from HONG KONG back in the day. since then TGC has been able to setup GB's directly from the manufacturer in australia (EGR) for a minimum order of 50 pieces. they really are not that hard to get now! quit whining.

bronxbombr
06-03-2008, 08:12 AM
lol........lmfao...:)

Danger DANJ
06-03-2008, 12:31 PM
i paid $150+ to be one of the first 5 in the US to have one back in 2001-2? DANGER DANJ set up the GB from HONG KONG back in the day. since then TGC has been able to setup GB's directly from the manufacturer in australia (EGR) for a minimum order of 50 pieces. they really are not that hard to get now! quit whining.

LOL. They were $180 a piece then. That was when eCarboy still had some in stock. After that, so many people PM'd me about getting one, but eCarboy didn't have anymore and they said EGR didn't make them anymore. Then, I contacted EGR in Australia and set up the first group buy with them. So, yeah, people who want them now have it easy. lol.

bellefontaine187
06-04-2008, 06:23 PM
i used to see them in ebay auctions like last year for almost 300bucks! i paid a 120 for mine just recently.i have the ebay one or ''jdm'' one that sits lower and is bigger than the egr and honestly.......i like the egr better now. lol

Koncept
06-04-2008, 08:19 PM
Also Cali is getting ready to make a group buy for some EGR style visors. He is making a mold from an EGR visor already, so they should be the same style.