guynlidia2006
06-02-2008, 07:35 PM
what the system recharged with dye... so if there is leaks it can be found

fatal1
06-02-2008, 07:41 PM
yea jay you need to get it dye checked for leaks and then recharged

mko
06-02-2008, 07:41 PM
Does the AC turn on at all? Can you hear the compressor and the fan going off?

The easiest way is to get a refill kit and do it. If it comes back on for more than a day, it may be fine.

I still dont have my AC working ever since I bought the car. When I push the button, nothing happens, and I tried to refill it many times as well, but the same thing happen over and over again:

I hooked the refill kit to the upper stream, with the engine running and the AC button on, the relay that is in the compressor clicked, the AC went off. Still no cold air coming out of the vents and the gauge was showing RED which meant some mixture problem. Left the engine off for an hour then started it again and nothing again - I guess I have a leak somewhere, but no money to fix it now.

I believe I posted a question in GF back then, but I didnt get much help

4-G-rim
06-03-2008, 06:35 AM
Mko stated a good question...do you hear the comrpessor clutch kick on when you turn on the A/C?

If so that means you still have some refrigerant in your system, but could be low or a problem with your expansion valve. Refill your system with tracer dye and see if there is any leaks

If the compresser doesn't kick on then it could be a bad compressor clutch, compressor, or maybe be electrical related. Also if there is very little to no refrigerant in the system..the compressor will no kick on, I learned this a couple of years ago. My compressor didn't kick on, so my friend at the dealer I worked for evacuated my system and refilled it again and checked for pressure leaks and I had a lead which was coming from the condesor. The good news is that when he refilled the system with refrigerant the compressor kicked on.

PogiGreg
06-03-2008, 10:03 AM
My 7g all of a suddend stopped blowing cold a couple of weeks ago. I traced it to the fuses under the hood.

mrjaydeeone
06-03-2008, 06:38 PM
My 7g all of a suddend stopped blowing cold a couple of weeks ago. I traced it to the fuses under the hood.
which fuse? where?

PogiGreg
06-07-2008, 02:25 PM
These fuses.
http://www.springwebdesign.net/Galant/img0001.jpg
http://www.springwebdesign.net/Galant/img0002.jpg

Fishboy55
06-07-2008, 03:36 PM
They're relays, not fuses if I'm not mistaken, aren't they?

mrjaydeeone
06-07-2008, 08:07 PM
I believe they are relays as well.
Well I got the AC to work right today.
Angel told me to get some R-134 with leak sealer in it.
I picked up a can last night and added it this AM. AC is nice now.
The pressure on the gauge says 25%. On the can says 25%-45% is full. So I picked up another small can before work before and I am going to add it in the AM. When I first hooked the guage up it was a little below 25%.
I was bordeline freezing on my ride to work today. Came in handy while it's in the mid 90s outside.

Fishboy55
06-07-2008, 09:16 PM
Nice work Jay. Glad you got it fixed. Course, you've always been cool :lol:

Stewi
06-07-2008, 09:56 PM
im looking forward to getting my A/c up and running along with my car itself this week. this is the first time my car will have had A/C since 2004 when I removed it for the EVO swap.

Glad to see you got it working Jay, that heat was brutal today.

mrjaydeeone
06-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Nice work Jay. Glad you got it fixed. Course, you've always been cool :lol:
thanks Chip. I appreciate it coming from you.

im looking forward to getting my A/c up and running along with my car itself this week. this is the first time my car will have had A/C since 2004 when I removed it for the EVO swap.

Glad to see you got it working Jay, that heat was brutal today.
yeah me too. And it's going to be worse tomorrow and Monday,