PDA

View Full Version : Does my stock cd player have a code?

boochieboy
06-09-2008, 11:32 PM
Ok, I need to know if my 03 galant has a security code on the stock cd player or not (the code that if you disconnect the battery for a while or pull the unit out, you need to make your cd player work again). The reason I'm asking is because I have keyless entry but no security/alarm system,, so does that mean there's no cd player code, or are they two completely different things. thanks for the help,, sorry if this is a dumb question or in the wrong place.

fliegendaffe
06-09-2008, 11:44 PM
2 completely different things. and if you have a factory radio, it does have a security code.

boochieboy
06-09-2008, 11:52 PM
Ok, thanks.

Danger DANJ
06-12-2008, 05:08 PM
For anyone who can't find their security code for their factory radio, click here (http://www.mitsubishi-forums.com/t22193-i-39-ve-got-radio-codes.htm) and ask 07mitsueclipse to get it for you.

boochieboy
07-22-2008, 03:40 PM
Update.... I installed my short ram about ten days ago. The first thing I did was disconnect the battery, and remove it from the car ( I wanted to check the condition of the battery tray and also clean the posts of the battery, so I figured I'd just take it completely out of the car). Anyway,, the battery was out of the car for two days before getting put back in and connected,,,,,,,,,,,,I figured I'd just try the radio and see what happened,,,,It came right on!,,,,yes, I lost all of my preset radio stations and clock and whatnot, but it turned right on,,,,,,,no code to put in or anything,,,and this is the factory radio. Glad I didn't have to remove it, write down serial numbers, get vin number, call dealership, get code, enter code........none of that!

E_Emerson88
07-23-2008, 05:26 AM
if only i knew to go there like 6 months ago. i went to dealers and got the code for 50 bucks :(