PDA

View Full Version : In person view of the new Skyline GTR

Proto
06-11-2008, 06:45 AM
Every one just gathered around this new gem. I was impressed with the styling. If I could afford one I would probaly get it.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3989/skyline1ys1.jpg

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/5245/skyline2ep3.jpg

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/6382/skyline3km3.jpg

Ivory8g
06-11-2008, 07:00 AM
wow *drool* would LOVE to see one in person! damn sux about the contract you have to sign stating that you wont modify the car though. they try to lock everything down electronically too but people are finding ways around that from what i see :evil:

6G72Galant
06-11-2008, 07:42 AM
damn sux about the contract you have to sign stating that you wont modify the car though. they try to lock everything down electronically too but people are finding ways around that from what i see :evil:

What?

Da_silvagride
06-11-2008, 09:11 AM
wow *drool* would LOVE to see one in person! damn sux about the contract you have to sign stating that you wont modify the car though. they try to lock everything down electronically too but people are finding ways around that from what i see :evil:

????

mapid145
06-11-2008, 09:29 AM
i dont think its a contract.. more like a warning from nissan tech ppl saying that nissan knows wat they are doing.. and its not electronicallly locked out.. its just has several levels of control that you want lol

but yah... damn proto.. this guy ownes it.. how much did he pay for it?

VegasMatt
06-11-2008, 09:31 AM
That guy has the biggest penis in the neighborhood.

krispy03
06-11-2008, 10:14 AM
why does he take it to a McDonlads? after buying it, all he could afford if the value menu?

9G
06-11-2008, 10:30 AM
vegasmatt should forget buying an evo x and get one of this!

airborneparainf82
06-11-2008, 10:36 AM
i dont think i like the ass end of that car

youngin3
06-11-2008, 11:14 AM
i dont think i like the ass end of that car

it looks like like a chevy cobalt from behind

Ivory8g
06-11-2008, 11:19 AM
Lol you guys need to do some homework. seriously the ecu in the car is supposed to be uncrackable and they do make you sign a contract stating that you wont modify the internals of the car. Japanese Tuning company "Mine's" has decoded the ecu already so modifications can be done now. Even changing to aftermarket wheels will bring up an error code. the car is electronically wired up the ass

Distort
06-11-2008, 11:23 AM
Lol you guys need to do some homework. seriously the ecu in the car is supposed to be uncrackable and they do make you sign a contract stating that you wont modify the internals of the car. Japanese Tuning company "Mine's" has decoded the ecu already so modifications can be done now.

I'm pretty sure once you owned the car, they couldn't stop you. Maybe stop people from distributing modified ECU's, but hardly your own.

Dominicano
06-11-2008, 05:18 PM
one thing for sure if that once you change something, nissan will say tough luck buddy, you changed it we don't service it, which is really bad for a car that is out the first year and don't know what will happen down the line especially with all that electrionics hooked up.

lonestar22
06-11-2008, 05:43 PM
the contract probably states that if u modify it than they will not honor the warranty. thats the only thing they could get away with saying

Fishboy55
06-11-2008, 05:49 PM
Wow Reg, that is wild. It looks like he's in front of the BK. Is that down in your neck of the woods??

DOHCstunr
06-11-2008, 07:17 PM
why does he take it to a McDonlads? after buying it, all he could afford if the value menu?

DUDE.... WTF

thats totally a Burger King.

mapid145
06-11-2008, 07:31 PM
Lol you guys need to do some homework. seriously the ecu in the car is supposed to be uncrackable and they do make you sign a contract stating that you wont modify the internals of the car. Japanese Tuning company "Mine's" has decoded the ecu already so modifications can be done now. Even changing to aftermarket wheels will bring up an error code. the car is electronically wired up the ass

hmm.. didnt know that..

yah its a burger king..

wait.. they only make it i right hand drive..

Ivory8g
06-11-2008, 10:02 PM
yep i read a 32 page article on the car from a euro magazine before they hit the states. EVERYTHING was covered. I was thoroughly impressed at how well they covered everything about the car.......from purchase to driving it all covered

Proto
06-11-2008, 10:31 PM
Wow Reg, that is wild. It looks like he's in front of the BK. Is that down in your neck of the woods??

Yep. It was Friday night at the Burger King on 33rd st in OC. He (Daddy) paid over 100k for it. All I'll say is that thing is beast to ride in. Plus it was RHD.

DUDE.... WTF

thats totally a Burger King.

Yep it was all BK. We all hang out there on weekends since it's right at the end of the strip.

VegasMatt
06-12-2008, 12:29 AM
I think I read somewhere that these new skylines meet our DOT specs and can be brought in with no problem???

4-G-rim
06-12-2008, 12:09 PM

I read that Mines had a special deal with Nissan to help crack those codes thus I believe are the only ones with a "flashed" ecu. I could be wrong though.

Nissan spent alot of time installing "firewalls" into the Ecu programming to discourage a aftermarket tune for the cars. They truly believe the car is perfect the way they set it up off the production line. It is good they give the user options to tinker with some settings..but its factory settings that Nissan thinks is best. Like the tire pressure sensors...the sensors are only made to fit the stock Nissan wheels with are patented so aftermarket can't duplicate the design. If the sensors are taken out the Ecu goes into a failsafe Ecu tune which makes the car go in limp mode. The car is too electronically wired up...basically you mess with one thing, the whole car suffers...not just one particular thing.

Also upgrading the turbos on this car is going to be more involving. The turbos are part of the exhaust manifold..its 1 piece, nothing like bolting the turbo to a manifold. Yes aftermarket will get past that...but its going to be a pretty $$$$ now that its more work to get a "bolt on" type of turbo for the GTR.

Here is a pic..as you can see the manifold and turbo is a 1 piece unit. You can't seperate the turbo from the manifold like traditional turbo setups...so when a aftermarket company makes a turbo kit for the GTR, its going to be a kit containing turbos, manifold, and other misc parts which = Cha Ching$$$$
http://images.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0802_sccp_14_z+2009_nissan_gtr+turbos.jpg

The only thing I can think of that would be cheaper alternative to "upgrade" the turbo is taking the existing turbo's and upgrading the compressor wheels and porting, but thats pretty much it.

Its a nice car and its performance from test drives articles support that. Its just too much gadgetry into a car that I would hate to mess with when things go severaly wrong electronically.

Ivory8g
06-12-2008, 12:29 PM
The 4-G-Rim knows whats up. as i said the car is wired up the ass for sure!

Danger DANJ
06-12-2008, 10:42 PM
If I could afford one, why would I want to do anything to it anyway... besides changing the wheels? The thing is a beast!