PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else's suspension do this?

Auto-9
01-13-2003, 09:25 PM
My car being the lowered vehicle it is required a flatbed tow truck since the regular ones would have smashed my oil pan to pieces. While on the flatbed I noticed that on every small bump we went over the front end barely registered while the rear end kicked up and slammed back down. I guess this explains why my front seems to hit hard on bumps and why my rear passengers usually go flying when I hit a bump. It's like riding a bucking bronco...

pinoyesv6
01-13-2003, 09:29 PM
i prefer the dolly type tow truck where all for wheels are off the ground but the car isn't put in some weird angle to put on the flatbad. thats how the tow company ruined my exhaust tip. putting it on and off the tow truck.

but yea did u see how ur car was tied down? maybe the front end was more secure than the rear

vyrt1go
01-28-2003, 08:44 PM
if your car was put on the truck facing forwards (i.e. your front was facing front on the truck) then your rear wheels were over the rear axle of the truck....WAY rougher ride over the axles than in the center. so the rear of the truck was bounging more than the front anyways...

...all cars are that way in general....put a quarter on your arm rest in the middle and one on the rear deck behind the seat and drive down a bumpy road....watch which one moves more....do the same on a stock model....results will be similar...

~v

Reelax
01-28-2003, 08:47 PM
yeah the ride over the rear axle (tow truck) is rougher especially if the rear dampers on the truck were blown or going bad...

NRG
01-29-2003, 12:10 AM
Are any of you guys with the triple diamond care? I heard towing service is free?? If so, when we call them, do we specify what type of tow truck we need since our cars are lowered?

pinoyesv6
01-29-2003, 12:17 AM
when u call for a tow truck u can try to request for a certain type but if the selection is limited, then your just gonna have to live with what they can get u....