PDA

View Full Version : GAUGES!!!

BuZZeDCooKieS
01-13-2003, 09:52 PM
I want to buy gauges for my 97 galant and i have a few questions....where should i buy them, how much should i pay, what kind should i get and where/how much do i go/ pay for installation!!???

Thanks alot,
BuZZeDCooKieS

peanotation
01-13-2003, 09:56 PM
if ur talking about new dials.....EEBBAAAAYYYY
you'll get the best price, and probably wont get fucked over if you get them from a guy with a good rep./feedback. i got mine for 30 after s/h, but i think i got jipped for a lil bit of dough. get reverse indiglo gauges, dont just get reg. indiglo. i think the reg. indiglo is uglier than shit (most riced civics have em) but the reverse indiglo is almost like a neon blue with red, which looks gorgous and gets a lot of looks. you can install them yourself, since you just slide them over the existing needles. hope that helps

BEAST
01-13-2003, 10:09 PM
Yea check on Ebay they have tons of indiglo's on there. Most of them are being sold from procarparts.com. That is where I bought mine from. I think I paid like $56 dollars for mine. If I would have known they were on ebay I would have gotten them from there. I have the euro reverse indiglos. Probably the same as Peanotation. They are definatly tight. I put them in myself as I am sure everyone else did here on the board. Isn't really too hard. They just came out with some silver rev. gauges too that look hot.

mitsubishigurl
01-14-2003, 08:37 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>if ur talking about new dials.....EEBBAAAAYYYY
you'll get the best price, and probably wont get fucked over if you get them from a guy with a good rep./feedback. i got mine for 30 after s/h, but i think i got jipped for a lil bit of dough. get reverse indiglo gauges, dont just get reg. indiglo. i think the reg. indiglo is uglier than shit (most riced civics have em) but the reverse indiglo is almost like a neon blue with red, which looks gorgous and gets a lot of looks. you can install them yourself, since you just slide them over the existing needles. hope that helps</div>
I wnat led lights for the winshield but i don't know how much I should pay, where to get them and how can i put them in without messing anything up. I saw an indiglo gauge and its blue the price is 59 without s/h is that good?[/url]

peanotation
01-14-2003, 08:44 AM
not really. i got mine from procarparts.com too, and it was like 32 bucks in the end after s/h.

BuZZeDCooKieS
01-14-2003, 09:08 AM
someone said that u just slip the gauges over ur oem ones is there any wiring/ adheion needed?

BLsGalant97
01-14-2003, 09:11 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mitsubishigurl)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>if ur talking about new dials.....EEBBAAAAYYYY
you'll get the best price, and probably wont get fucked over if you get them from a guy with a good rep./feedback. i got mine for 30 after s/h, but i think i got jipped for a lil bit of dough. get reverse indiglo gauges, dont just get reg. indiglo. i think the reg. indiglo is uglier than shit (most riced civics have em) but the reverse indiglo is almost like a neon blue with red, which looks gorgous and gets a lot of looks. you can install them yourself, since you just slide them over the existing needles. hope that helps</div>
I wnat led lights for the winshield but i don't know how much I should pay, where to get them and how can i put them in without messing anything up. I saw an indiglo gauge and its blue the price is 59 without s/h is that good?[/url]</div>

You can get washer leds on ebay too...thats where it at!!! Yeah i got my gauges from ebay for $35

BEAST
01-14-2003, 09:16 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BuZZeDCooKieS)</div><div class='quotemain'>someone said that u just slip the gauges over ur oem ones is there any wiring/ adheion needed?</div>
Yep. I used superglue. You could probably use rubber cement too. Make sure that you get around the inside lip of the guages. The part that is close to the needles or they will stick up and hinder you needles.

2True
01-14-2003, 09:26 AM
This is nearly on topic.... but I just found out this weekend while helping a guy with his 95 that his guages are different than my 98. His guage faces actually curve in.. live a bowl or a plate really. My 98 gauge faces are perfectly flat, I don't even need to glue them down if I don't wanna.

Just kind of some weird "Jeee Whizz" info there :wow:

BuZZeDCooKieS
01-14-2003, 07:43 PM
any one know if they 97 gauges are flat or bend in

2True
01-14-2003, 11:42 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BuZZeDCooKieS)</div><div class='quotemain'>any one know if they 97 gauges are flat or bend in</div>

Sorry to confuse you with the previous post bro...

The 97/98 gauges should be flat.

BuZZeDCooKieS
01-15-2003, 09:59 PM
i want to buy these 8color EL gauges from ebay (procarparts) and they look pretty cool but im afraid to install them...where could i get it done and how much do u think it would cost

peanotation
01-15-2003, 10:13 PM
well, in california, labor is $65/hour by law, so i danno about where ur from, and they'll probably charge you 0.3-0.5 hours regardless of how long it actually takes. i danno.

what really sucks about us 7G galants, is that the faces do bend in like said before. it's a pain in the ass, cause now my tachometer sticks and jumps around like crazy cause the needle is touching. now i gotta take it all apart again....so just make sure your needles move freely.

peanotation
01-15-2003, 10:14 PM
well, in california, labor is $65/hour by law, so i danno about where ur from, and they'll probably charge you 0.3-0.5 hours regardless of how long it actually takes. i danno.

what really sucks about us 7G galants, is that the faces do bend in like said before. it's a pain in the ass, cause now my tachometer sticks and jumps around like crazy cause the needle is touching. now i gotta take it all apart again....so just make sure your needles move freely.

BLsGalant97
01-15-2003, 11:28 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BuZZeDCooKieS)</div><div class='quotemain'>any one know if they 97 gauges are flat or bend in</div>

Ok heres the deal with mine..i had the 8 color ones before and they did bend..i also heard someone said the same thing...but anyways my RPMS needle would always stick, so i had to glue it..then no problem....with my reverse ones on the other hand no problem....no bends..fits perfectly

2True
01-16-2003, 12:00 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BLsGalant97)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BuZZeDCooKieS)</div><div class='quotemain'>any one know if they 97 gauges are flat or bend in</div>

Ok heres the deal with mine..i had the 8 color ones before and they did bend..i also heard someone said the same thing...but anyways my RPMS needle would always stick, so i had to glue it..then no problem....with my reverse ones on the other hand no problem....no bends..fits perfectly</div>

No Brandon, I meant that the actual gauges on the car are bowed in. Not the aftermarket one's, the one's from the factory. Aftermaket gauges are flat, so we had a hell of a time putting them on this guys 95 because of that.

BEAST
01-16-2003, 12:49 AM
Yea mine were cuped. It sucked putting them on because they wanted to kinda fold.

BLsGalant97
01-16-2003, 11:32 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2True)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BLsGalant97)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BuZZeDCooKieS)</div><div class='quotemain'>any one know if they 97 gauges are flat or bend in</div>

Ok heres the deal with mine..i had the 8 color ones before and they did bend..i also heard someone said the same thing...but anyways my RPMS needle would always stick, so i had to glue it..then no problem....with my reverse ones on the other hand no problem....no bends..fits perfectly</div>

No Brandon, I meant that the actual gauges on the car are bowed in. Not the aftermarket one's, the one's from the factory. Aftermaket gauges are flat, so we had a hell of a time putting them on this guys 95 because of that.</div>

Oh.... :roll: https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

2True
01-16-2003, 06:20 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BLsGalant97)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Oh.... :roll: Â*:D</div>

Don't you roll your eyes at me BOY!!
I'll take ya out to that there shed and learn ya a thing er two 'bout respect, em kay! :peace: