PDA

View Full Version : Need help wiring the horn in my 8g

king8g
06-15-2008, 12:46 PM
so i got an aftermarket steering wheel...everything is all good except the horn dont work. does anyone know what wires are the horn and how i need to wire them up?

dwjp90
06-15-2008, 02:23 PM
go back to your orginal steering wheel unless you have a harness and the other neccisary safty precautions

Danger DANJ
06-15-2008, 03:03 PM
Are there any wires coming off the aftermarket steering wheel? If there are wires like in the pic below, that's what you need to hook up the horn.

http://dangerdanj.com/tosell05.jpg

That is a pic of an airbag replacement. It's not an actual airbag. The wires are just for the horn. If you have wires like that, then just hook them up like the stock airbag was hooked up.

king8g
06-27-2008, 11:49 AM
My wires are not like that, i have a solid yellow one and a yellow and black one on one side and then i have another clip with four wires, green, red, black and i think a black and white? so could anyone tell me which ones are the horn?

and the reason i put an aftermarket steering wheel on was because my airbag blew and i dont have the money to replace it again, some jack ass bumped my car hard enough to deploy the bag

Danger DANJ
06-27-2008, 03:05 PM
What wheel do you have? Any pics? Is the horn in the center of the wheel or are there buttons on it? I would think the yellow and yellow/black wires would be for the horn. You won't need a set of four wires for the horn, unless two of the other wires are for the horn? I'm curious what the other wires are for unless you do have buttons on your wheel.