PDA

View Full Version : a small problem

JRich216
06-15-2008, 02:44 PM
I some how stupidly gotton my trunk stuck to the fact that it wont open and I have a system in the back so no way through that small portal. Is there a trick to getten the lock unstuck in my situation or do I have to go to a dealership?

pinoyesv6
06-15-2008, 03:03 PM
how about removing the whole back seat?

airborneparainf82
06-15-2008, 03:58 PM
how is it stuck?

IVORY_G
06-15-2008, 07:51 PM
how about removing the whole back seat?

You still cant get through the backseat, the framing behind the seat wont let you squeeze thru unless ur "Mini-me" LOL!

ericbla03
06-15-2008, 07:57 PM
If you take out your backseat maybe you can reach in far enough to pull the emergency trunk release handle.

pinoyesv6
06-15-2008, 08:39 PM
depending on how things are setup, you could also try to get a flashlight in there to light things up and use a stick to unlock the trunk. thats what i did when i locked my lunch in the trunk. threw my flashlight through the back seat and then used a stick since my arms are short.

JRich216
06-15-2008, 09:18 PM
it seems like i ether half way closed it or somthing was closed down on the lock. But my 2 twelve in subs is blocking my view of the lock and can only turn it a 25 way around in the trunk. How can I remove the backseat from the fram and still be able to put them back correctly.

Stewi
06-15-2008, 09:36 PM
imagine you were sitting down in the backset, right where the back of calves would be there is a little black tab on each side, pull it and lift up on the bottom part of the seat, it will lift up and slide out. Now look on each end in the center of the upper part of the seat at the bottom, there are 12mm bolts holding it in place, take those out. once those are out, lift up on the seat from the bottom with one hand and pull towards you with the other hand, I typically do the right side and left side seperate becaue it can be a PITA. Once the upper part is off, there will be some covers to get out, you can see that there are clips from the trunk side holding it in, just use a small flat head screwdriver to get between the cover and the body of the car and pry back to pop the clips out. That should give you enough access to move the speakers out of the way or at least get a look at the lock

guynlidia2006
06-15-2008, 09:39 PM
remove back seat (Pull up) Just Clips, no skrews
then unbolt bottom skrews from back of the seat( they are gold, u cant miss them)
and pull the seat off....

But i would suggest having someone push down on the trunk hard while u pull the trunk lever... listen for a click then pull the trunk up hard while your pulling the lever, if that dosent work use a sledge hammer... :-)

fliegendaffe
06-15-2008, 09:48 PM
You still cant get through the backseat, the framing behind the seat wont let you squeeze thru unless ur "Mini-me" LOL!

if i remove my back seat i can EASILY get through. before i removed all the carpet and trim out of the trunk, there was only cardboard/plastic trim directly behind the seat

JRich216
06-15-2008, 09:59 PM
thanks for the help guys I will try it when i get home tomorrow

lonestar22
06-15-2008, 10:03 PM
that happened to me a while back i had to crawl through the trunk and unbolt my trunk latch. after that i still couldnt get it off without a screwdriver. it was jammed