PDA

View Full Version : AIR BAG

rayallen34
01-14-2003, 01:58 AM
my friends selling the air bag from his inifity to the dealership, would mitsubishi buy a airbag from a 7g galant? if so about how much would you get for it

Fishboy55
01-14-2003, 07:12 AM
In addition to the safety that you're removing from the Galant, I can't tell you how many Federal laws you're breaking by removing your airbag. Plus your insurance rates will be higher. Not a real smart way to make a few extra bucks. I doubt that Mitsu would buy it back from you, and they surely wouldn't remove it for you...

Chip

Nick VR4
01-14-2003, 07:45 AM
IMO thats a really bad move
why remove a safety feature for a few $$$
and thats is Mits dealership would even do that
I dont think so
Ohh why is this in the 8G forun and its for a 7g

Moved

Kain
01-14-2003, 08:06 AM
Well, I know that cars that see race duty have their airbags removed as a safety precaution, since having an airbag deploy at highspeeds because someone bumped you is a really bad thing. And if you have a 5 point harness the airbag becomes redundant. Otherwise, I'd leave it alone. The only reason I can imagine that a dealership would buy back an airbag is either to put in a car that's had it's airbag deployed and it's been brought back into the dealership for repair (which I believe may be illegal but I'm not sure) Or if it was defective and the dealership is just trying to cover it up. Either way, sounds pretty odd to me. Although, Airbags are pretty expensive and often used car places will buy them to rebuild wrecked cars to resell. To conclude, unless you're taken safety precautions beyond what the airbag can offer, leave it alone.

rayallen34
01-14-2003, 03:29 PM
im suprised everyone had the audacity to think i would just take my air bag out, i have a 8g galant, and a wrecked 7g, i wanted to take the air bag out of the 7g and sell it

manybrews
01-14-2003, 08:18 PM
a junkyard or a "hick" body shop may buy it.. no mitsu dealer will have much use for it.

pinoyesv6
01-14-2003, 08:24 PM
sum1 correct me if im wrong but i believe its a federal offense to remove an airbag from a street legal car. once it is removed its no longer street legal. there are ways u can disable the airbags but u need like a special reson to do so

manybrews
01-16-2003, 11:31 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>sum1 correct me if im wrong but i believe its a federal offense to remove an airbag from a street legal car. once it is removed its no longer street legal. there are ways u can disable the airbags but u need like a special reson to do so</div>
yes, your correct.
and airbags need to be deployed before disposal (which can be a dangerous thing).

JiP
01-17-2003, 12:21 AM
lots of things arent street legal...that dont stop me..uhm i mean people from doing it https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

lol

JiP
01-17-2003, 12:21 AM
lots of things arent street legal...that dont stop me..uhm i mean people from doing it https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Personally I would rather not have my face hit a windshield, I'll keep my airbags.

bstnsportsfan
01-20-2003, 11:47 AM
Several people in the Import world will remove thier airbags to put in either a TV, boost guage, S-AFC etc. You could probably sell it on ebay and get ahundred bucks or more. But why do you want to remove it? Chances are whatever you want to put in its place can be put somewhere else, unless you are buying a new steering wheel.

rayallen34
01-21-2003, 02:05 AM
dont want to put anything there, wrecked 7g galant just sitting around