PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine Light - 02 sensor 1 or 2

Jaygza01
06-19-2008, 04:34 PM
hey guys i tried to post this on performance threads but it kept redirecting me to enter my password and username so here i am......my check engine light is on and i said before my rmps drop once in a while. I heard a bad o2 sensor will send the CEL on a lot and it reduces ur peformance. Now I also heard there are 2, one above the cat and one below. Are these hard to change? I figure I might as well change both since its never been done and it might clear the problem without paying a mechanic $100 to read my car. Any info on the situation will help me out....:smt066

Sleepervr-4
06-19-2008, 04:55 PM
Go to autozone they will scan the car for free. You need to post what code the car is putting out before advice can be given.

jimmy_o2
06-20-2008, 04:12 AM
yes its easy first disconect the battery then unplug the sensor one is located in the headers the other is under the car all u need is wrench or a o2 sensor socket and there u go

go to autozone tell them u have ur engine light on and u need a scaner once u received the scanner go to ur car under the driver side dash theres a plug plug it in turn the key to the on position and there u go give it a few min and a code will pop out with decriptions

bronxbombr
06-20-2008, 08:33 AM
if you need any parts or sensors let me know. PM me only if you are serious.