PDA

View Full Version : Sticky Door

pinoyesv6
01-14-2003, 09:24 PM
We all know what happened to my car, really bad head on colission. We also know that i've been really happy since i got it back a few weeks ago. Well, i've been owrking on my car alot lately (well, its all i do now) but i've noticed something. everytime i raise my car in teh air, using my floor jack, using the recommended jacking points, my car makes this kinda creeking sound. on a regular car that could just be the suspensio or something creeking. but then once its back on the gorund, the door, especially the drivers sdie door gets sticky. i've jacked up my car many a times since i got it back, using the recommended jacking points, high enough to get the wheel off and everytime i lower the car and put it back on the ground the door gets stickier. now im up to the point where u gotta yank the door hard to get it open and slam it really hard to get it to close all the way. im perfectly fine with yanking and slamming the door but it doesn't make me look good in front of the ladies. doesn't make me look gentle and stuff, don't want the ladies thinking imma yank them and slam them around do we? ov course not.

need feedback, im thinking the insurance company and/or the body shop that worked on my car (has a contract with the insurance company, insurance company chose the shop) is hiding something really important from me. i haven't had a chance to get my car up on a lift to check for myslef but i wanna see what u guys think first

FinalLast
01-15-2003, 12:32 AM
most likely the frame of the car is messed up.
i had a car that was in an accident before.
it was fully of bad news.

Nick VR4
01-15-2003, 03:02 AM
2 areas come to mind here
1) Chassis is still out after your collision
2) Door has not been aligned correctly

1) you will have to get it checked out at repair shop
2) check to see if re-aligning door works
See if all parts of lock are in the right place to shut

Nick

pinoyesv6
01-15-2003, 11:07 AM
im thinking the chassis now. just cuz well b4 i jacked up the car all the time, the door was fine. also that area of the car wasn't even touched by the accident. perfectly fine. but yea it looks like the door is sitting at an angle. it hard to open and close the door cuz u gotta lift the door outa the lil latch part and then it sags down. hell if its the chassis, the insurance company is gonna get the best from me...

Nick VR4
01-15-2003, 11:10 AM
The Door hinges and slam plate can be moved slightly
You might wanna try that
OR
Put you big boots on and start kicking butt

BlankMan
01-15-2003, 01:09 PM
I suggest having the body shop take a look at the door alignment, striker, etc. The frame is less suspect b/c iIt would have had to been one hell of a front-end collsion to bend the frame. Most bent frames come from t-bone type accidents, or roll-overs... but, it your tranny ended up in your lap, it just might be the frame.

J

Fishboy55
01-15-2003, 01:31 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlankMan)</div><div class='quotemain'>I suggest having the body shop take a look at the door alignment, striker, etc. Â* The frame is less suspect b/c iIt would have had to been one hell of a front-end collsion to bend the frame. Â*Most bent frames come from t-bone type accidents, or roll-overs... but, it your tranny ended up in your lap, it just might be the frame.

J</div>
Trust me, this was one hell of a front end collision. Head-on with both cars doing between 40 and 50 MPH. I saw the car after the accident, and I'd be surprised if the frame wasn't bent. Plus the body shop the insurance company sent Allan too are a bunch of monkey brained idiots.

Allan, when we did my brakes, I noticed that same creaking and while the car was on the stands the door was hard to open and close. But once we put it back on the ground, everything was fine. We had it on stands for most of the day, so I don't think it's anything you did that caused the problem.

Chip

Tiptronic
01-15-2003, 01:38 PM
i am noticing the same thing on my wifes car. she was in a head on collision, now her passenger door is very stiff when you open and close. i tried using WD40, but that dont work either. i called the dealer to ask if possibly one has to do with the other, and they told me that they would give me a call back. still havent heard from them yet though

BlankMan
01-15-2003, 02:27 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>Trust me, this was one hell of a front end collision. Head-on with both cars doing between 40 and 50 MPH.</div>

Ouch.

Wait a minute - yer telling me this was equivalent to a 90-100MPH head on collision? I'm not doubting you - I don't know the facts - but that's a helluva hit. One car's engine should have settled on the other car's tranny after a hit like that. And the car wasn't totaled? How much were repairs?

J

Fishboy55
01-15-2003, 02:45 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlankMan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>Trust me, this was one hell of a front end collision. Head-on with both cars doing between 40 and 50 MPH.</div>

Ouch.

Wait a minute - yer telling me this was equivalent to a 90-100MPH head on collision? I'm not doubting you - I don't know the facts - but that's a helluva hit. One car's engine should have settled on the other car's tranny after a hit like that. And the car wasn't totaled? How much were repairs?

J</div>
Allan can give you all the details on the final costs, I haven't seen the sheet yet. But yea, Allan was in a group coming down the exit ramp from I-95 and some drunk was heading up the ramp the wrong way. Says a lot for the Galant's safety, as luckily, Allan wasn't seriously hurt. I thought sure they'd total the car when I saw it, but the insurance company thought otherwise.

Chip

pinoyesv6
01-15-2003, 08:41 PM
chip, to tell u the truth i don't even know how much they spent on my car. i got two lists one is for 10k and then the 2k for that downpipe. thats 12k right there. and then u remember all them times i took it back to the shop for this and that, i never got sheets for that. but i bet its on record somewhere to charge the insurance. and yea my car is still aint done.

now back to the past. me and my two friends were coming home form doing waht college guys do, no not drrinking and partying but working on cars. it was about 1am, just finish putting the body kit on my friend's prelude. im in the middle car. we exit off the ramp, and i see my friend in the fornt swerve around a car. i thought he was just showing off (u know how guys are in front of their friends) and then i see headlights and i thought "wow those are headlights) and we hit. and yea my car took it like a man. the car hit that toyota avalon, the rear end went up a few feet and then just started slowly rolling down the incline. and well that avalon woo hoo, that thing flew and spun around for a while. that avalon spun and threw parts everywhere while my galant kept all its damage in a nice lil neat package.

u'd say that the car was totalled, but to my suprise they decided to fix it. they found a front clip from and i4 for hella cheap nad thats where they thought they can get parts from. well they got some parts like fender hood, bumper. but all the really important shit under the hood, well that didn't work. and yea, they found that out after they tried fitting it on lol. body shop sucked, their mechanic sucked. hell, i was diagnosing my car on the spot with no dataloger or anything and their mechanic can't find shit with all his tools and had to send it to the dealer haha. i was laughing at that.

insurance wants to see the car so imma set up an appointment asap. if they don't scrap my car (after all the money they spent on it) we're gonna have to talk about getting more repairs done and most importantly, getting it repainted. remmber all those macco horror stories u read about on the board, yea i got a job like that but worse. u know how macco likes to overspray and shit, well my shop likes to underspray. leaving body parts to have bare metal and rust and seeing the originaly white color of that donor car. really bad paint job. can't wait, o boy.