PDA

View Full Version : New tire??

7h3_wh173_kn16h7
08-17-2002, 12:35 AM
when do u ussually change your tire?
I have a stock wheels and lately I noticed that when I turn my tire sqeuakes....and I had 25K..is it time to change??
If so, what brand???or any thing that is there and cheap???

BlueESV6
08-17-2002, 08:34 PM
Lots of choices out there. You could buy stock again or look for something different based on your preferences. Tirerack.com has search features which can filter performance, traction and other specs you choose. It a wide tire world!!!! Tirerack also has the tire size based on you model aand year car if you don't want to look it up...

Good Luck with the choices! Oh yea, my Eagle LS's lasted around 33K miles before they became unbearably noisy on the road (I hate road noise!).

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

pinoyesv6
08-19-2002, 09:04 PM
i change my tire when it shows signs that it needs to be replaced. excess noise, extreme uneven wear (fix other things too), tires are worn down, they're damaged and a few other reasons. my suggestion is to go to your local tire shop, pick your favorite, preferably one that sells several brands of tires and get the sales person to help you choose a tire that best fits your needs

TJC
08-19-2002, 09:40 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(7h3_wh173_kn16h7)</div><div class='quotemain'>when do u ussually change your tire?
I have a stock wheels and lately I noticed that when I turn my tire sqeuakes....and I had 25K..is it time to change??
If so, what brand???or any thing that is there and cheap???</div>

usually, ppl will wait 'til they are bald or close to it. there are usually indicators between blocks of thread in the water channels. if the thread is even with the blocks of thread, it's down to somewhere around 3/16 of an inch and should be replaced. but as others have said, pretty much any reason that's unbearable to you is a good time to change them out too.

If you want cheap but decent tires (still around $70/tire though), I recommend Kumho ECSTA 712's or Dunlop SP8000's. There cheap, decent quality, and pretty sticky for the price.

As for getting a good price, most tire places will at least match prices if they carry that brand. I shop for my price on TireRack.com and print out the price to take to the local tire shop. When comparing prices, watch out for the other prices they tack on like disposal fee, valve stems, rotate and balance, road hazard protection, extended warranty, etc. Some of these things you can't get away with but some you don't have to pay for if you don't want it. They will always tack everything on unless you specifically ask for what you don't want. Tell them to itemize the prices for you if you want to know exactly where the charges are coming from.

7h3_wh173_kn16h7
08-20-2002, 06:26 AM
thnx for the reply guys...

Smokey7969
08-27-2002, 02:02 PM
I'm selling 15" ronal rims with dunlop sport tires for $350 + shipping. The tires do have approx. 8000 miles on them, but considering I paid $100 each for just the tires, this is a good deal.
email or Pm me for pics
[email protected]
www.geocities.com/smokey7969 ('http://www.geocities.com/smokey7969')