PDA

View Full Version : Abs

E_Emerson88
06-29-2008, 02:40 AM
well the other day i was going to run a yellow but then i saw a cop at the corner of my eye so i hit the breaks and the car ended up skidding and smoke flew and all that stuff. im sure its happened to you that you hit the breaks a lil too hard. if not then i guess im a bad driver lol. well anyways, i was curious if theres like an ABS system you can install to prevent your breaks from locking when you hit then a lil too hard. i searched but didnt find a thead. would this be possible? oh and i did eneded up getting pulled over if your curious hahaha, but the cop was a real cool guy and let me go. LA cops are more chill then they used to.

quicksilver22
06-29-2008, 09:04 AM
well the other day i was going to run a yellow

...there's your dumb"ABS" problem right there. what was your reason in running the yellow? The majority of time, running a yellow requires acceleration, accelerating through a yellow is illegal in most-to-all states. Granted, I'm not here to criticize your driving, as we all "run yellows," but just pointing out that you can lessen your danger of cop run ins and locking up your brakes by slowin' down a bit

pinoyesv6
06-29-2008, 10:59 AM
there isn't a kit you can buy to add abs. its a little bit more complicated than that.

E_Emerson88
07-12-2008, 05:26 PM
...there's your dumb"ABS" problem right there. what was your reason in running the yellow? The majority of time, running a yellow requires acceleration, accelerating through a yellow is illegal in most-to-all states. Granted, I'm not here to criticize your driving, as we all "run yellows," but just pointing out that you can lessen your danger of cop run ins and locking up your brakes by slowin' down a bit

i was in a real big hurry, cant remember why tho. lol

E_Emerson88
07-12-2008, 05:27 PM
there isn't a kit you can buy to add abs. its a little bit more complicated than that.

thanx, i was just curious cuz my cousin got in a real bad accident too cuz her braked locked on the freeway the swirved and ended up sideways and got rammed by an semi. but she turned out alright

Koncept
07-12-2008, 06:45 PM
Just learn to pump your brakes and you'll be alright. That's really all ABS does for you. So if you can just control your nerves and remember to pump your brakes instead of just slamming the pedal down, you'll be ok.

JoeRad
07-12-2008, 07:51 PM
My G has ABS, do USDM not?

SkylineG1
07-12-2008, 07:59 PM
ABS requires a module a entire system in the engine bay that has a bunch of hardlines runnig out of it that you will have to run to a buch of different locations. You would need new whell hubs with ABS sensors & then you'll have to wire those up to god knows where & then..........it is just too much work. If your car comes with it good, if it does not drive slower.

RedGalant2k1
07-12-2008, 10:21 PM
My G has ABS, do USDM not?

Anything 2001+ USDM Galant should have ABS standard. Before 99 it was optional only on the DE, standard on everything else.

E_Emerson88
07-12-2008, 10:36 PM
yeah mine is a 2001 es and no abs =[, but i was just wondering if there was just to be on the safe side you know? but there isnt so that sux

RAZ_76
07-13-2008, 12:46 AM
ABS will not make you a better driver. You need better timing not ABS. Also you gas on a yellow light not brake like you are going to hit a wall or something. All ABS does is not allow your brakes to lock up and like someone mentioned, you can copy that by pumping your brakes instead of holding them down. You might just be a bad driver though and cant help it. I don't know which is what.

youngin3
07-13-2008, 01:29 AM
My wheel speed sensors are going bad I think, so my ABS light is always on. I think I won't pass inspection if I don't get them fixed either. Left front and left rear were showing a "wheel speed erratic" code.

I took out the brake cage, rotor, and all that stuff and cleaned off the sensor and the little teeth that pass by it, but the light didn't go off. I only did the back though. When I get more time at work (I work in an auto shop, so I have access to a lift) I will try and clean off the front one also. It is just annoying at night because it is lit up...

Looking at how it is all run through the car, it would not be too much of a pain to hook it all up as far as sensors go, but I don't know about the computer and ABS controller part of the install.

RAZ_76
07-13-2008, 03:29 AM
Adding ABS would not be an easy task, not worth all the trouble in my opinion.

E_Emerson88
07-13-2008, 04:26 AM
honestly, lately ive been a pretty bad driver so that might be it. i speed too much and im an idiot for doing so. ya i heard of pumping your breaks but never tried it. thanx for the info guys