PDA

View Full Version : gold package

jmoney37
01-15-2003, 01:08 PM
Hi all. i jus wanted to get some opionins on what i should do for my car. I bought my 2001 ES with the gold trim package on it. I need some opinions on what kind of rims i should get and if i should change back to the regular chrome trim. i was thinking about getting chrome rims, gunmetal rims with a polished lip, or just regular aluminum (silver) rims. The thing with all those is i dont know if they will look good with the gold trim on my car. If anyone out there has the gold trim as well, let me know what you did. I also wuz thinking about just changing the front grill or buying the one that Norcal will hopefully make for us, but let me know what yall think i should do. Thanx. Peace!

BlankMan
01-15-2003, 01:13 PM
Gold trim? :puzzled1: I don't know that I've ever seen an 8g with factory gold trim. What color is your car?

Fishboy55
01-15-2003, 01:21 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlankMan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Gold trim? Â* :puzzled1: I don't know that I've ever seen an 8g with factory gold trim. Â*What color is your car?</div>
It's not factory. It's aftermarket put on by the dealer. I've seen it a couple times and am not crazy about it. It's about $150 add-on. http://208.190.160.43/metro%20parts/galantgold.jpg

Chip

BGR
01-15-2003, 02:09 PM
Here's the perfect wheel for you (in my opinion).

http://customwheelservice.com/axis/NE-OGold.jpg

BlankMan
01-15-2003, 02:25 PM
That would like tight on a pearl red with gold trim - what color is your car? If the rear "Galant" garnish is still clashingly chrome, definately do something about that, though.

J

BGR
01-15-2003, 02:41 PM
Well, the rear garnish wouldn't be much of an issue, there is a ton of chrome around the windows but with these wheels, it still looks bomb.

I couldn't find his picture posts but designmanfx (formerly gmaxx77) had some 19" Gold Axis Ne-o's on his G. You can see them here in his avatar:
http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/images/avatars/43220c6d3d97bcc01fbe8.gif

pinoyesv6
01-15-2003, 08:11 PM
to tell u the truth, i personally don't like the factory emblems. the mitsu star is the only one i really like and o yea the v6 one too just to show off. but yea uhm i think the car looks cleaner without the mitusbishi galant and the trim level emblems.

jmoney37
01-15-2003, 09:47 PM
WEll my car is white. I mean the gold looks good. I'm not saying it doesnt it's just if and when i get rims it will stand out. the fact that everything is chrome except my emblems, and i dont want to shave all the emblems off of my car cuz i've seen pics with them all off and it doesnt look good. I'm jus gonna take that big "mitsubishi" and "ES" off of the back and keep the logo and galant word on the chrome part of the trunk. THat rim looks pretty phat but don't u think chrome rims would look better?

pinoyesv6
01-15-2003, 09:55 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jmoney37)</div><div class='quotemain'>WEll my car is white. I mean the gold looks good. I'm not saying it doesnt it's just if and when i get rims it will stand out. the fact that everything is chrome except my emblems, and i dont want to shave all the emblems off of my car cuz i've seen pics with them all off and it doesnt look good. I'm jus gonna take that big "mitsubishi" and "ES" off of the back and keep the logo and galant word on the chrome part of the trunk. THat rim looks pretty phat but don't u think chrome rims would look better?</div>

i believe the rims have a polished lip so it would kinda match ur trunk garnish. u know gold letters on that chrome backround.