PDA

View Full Version : LED washer nozzles question

asalem97
01-15-2003, 09:59 PM
Ok my girlfriend just bought me those led windshield washer nozzles. I hate these things I just think their straight up RICE, but I didnt' have the nerve to tell my girl cuz she likes em. Well I really dont wanna roll with these on my G but I gotta put em on. Basically could someone explain how to wire these to a toggle switch so I could just turn the lights on when Im with my girl and off at all other times. Thanks!

peanotation
01-15-2003, 10:10 PM
it's pretty easy...
install a switch in the car - connect the ground to the...ground. then the switch will have 2 other leads. connect the power supply to one (12v) then the positive cables for the washer nozzle lights to the other lead. and obviously ground the neg. cables on the washer lights. the switch is usually labled, which lead should be "hot" and which lead should go to the source, but at worst case you can try either combo, u can't hurt anything. hope that helps.

BEAST
01-15-2003, 10:14 PM
You could just hook them up to your blinkers

pinoyesv6
01-15-2003, 10:19 PM
paint them all the way to match ur car and then if she asks why u painted the whole thing, jsut tell her it don't work. at least u'll have high output washer nozzels.

laosboyroy
01-16-2003, 02:27 AM
hey at least they look better than the stock ones i say.

2True
01-16-2003, 02:34 AM
Why wire them? :roll:

queball
01-20-2003, 04:56 AM
Those damn things are just straight UGLY every time i see some moron driveing at night with them i just want to pull up next to them and tell how stupid they look..

Strahan
01-20-2003, 03:51 PM
Break them. "Oh sorry hon, they don't seem to work" https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

mitsubishigurl
01-28-2003, 03:45 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BEAST)</div><div class='quotemain'>You could just hook them up to your blinkers</div>
how would you go about wiring them to the toggle switch/blinker? I wanna get silver wiper blades to replace the black ones. My car is silver, would that look stupid?

manybrews
01-28-2003, 05:45 PM
just return them and tell her theyre illegal, 'cause they are.

Kain
01-28-2003, 06:11 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>just return them and tell her theyre illegal, 'cause they are.</div>

Not true. Only the red or blue ones are illegal (at least in GA) I checked before installing mine. Though, I'm glad I put them on a switch because about two weeks after installing them I realized how stupid they looked when lit. They do look better than the ugly black stock pieces though.

Khopari
01-28-2003, 06:24 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mitsubishigurl)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BEAST)</div><div class='quotemain'>You could just hook them up to your blinkers</div>
how would you go about wiring them to the toggle switch/blinker? I wanna get silver wiper blades to replace the black ones. My car is silver, would that look stupid?</div>

you can hook them up to the blinker so everytime you use blinker it i will blink...........