PDA

View Full Version : door panel/speaker rattle with cd player on

boochieboy
07-09-2008, 10:45 PM
So, I've noticed that when I turn my stock stereo and speakers up to like 23 or higher my front passenger side door panel rattles like a real bitch. It's not the speakers going bad or anything, because if I push or pull on the door panel a little the rattle stops. Everything is tight but it still rattles and it's extremely annoying. I thought about dynamat, but my question is,,, should I just put the dynamat on the metal of the door around the speaker, or would I want to put it on the door panel too,, i'm thinking this would fix the problem and I also know about the asphalt based roofing/weather and ice shield stuff at home depot and lowe's that is basically dynamat for a lot less. Has anyone else had this problem, and did using the home depot shit work to fix it,,,,,I figured I'd tackle this when I re cover my door panels because I'd already have them off.......this rattle has been on my nerves for quite some time, and I hate driving around sounding like I have a blown speaker. any other suggestions? sorry for the long post about a damn rattle.:mad:

99 galant
07-09-2008, 11:02 PM
my stuff rattles a little bcuz its not all tight yet, maybe something else that you thought was tight isnt? i know the black door cups make alotta noise if they arent put back in right, tight or not

GalantBauls
12-26-2008, 01:09 PM
Hey any luck with getting that rattling to stop? My car does the exact same.

platano
12-26-2008, 01:28 PM
Do yourself a favor: go to a reputable audio instal shop, have them professionally install Dynomat or whichever brand(they all basically do the same shit) so that they make sure your satisfied with the sound-proofing. I find that 90% of the time doing it yourself usually weilds unsatisfactory results and wasted material because most people don't really know what they're doing.

boochieboy
12-26-2008, 09:34 PM
Well...I already have the dynamat (got it for free) but I have to wait until the spring because it's too cold/snowy/rainy/shitty and I don't have anywhere work right now. If I get my Camaro sold soon though I'll have a nice heated garage to work in. I just deal with the rattle right now.

Frankv
12-27-2008, 12:33 PM
I will have to do the same. Dynamat the doors, because of this annoying "creek" on the passenger door. Took the panel out to find out if it was the cause of the creek, drove around and found out its on the inside. Get's annoying if you pay attention to it. Figure i'd just dampen it.

CHICAGO_ONE
12-27-2008, 01:31 PM
If you dynamat around the speakers, it'll help with the speaker rattle.
If you dynamat the whole door, it'll make your door sound solid when you shut it as well as stop more rattling.

It all depends on how much you have and are willing to use. I put it around the speakers and have no problem, even when i have the stereo blasting.

boochieboy
12-27-2008, 06:42 PM
I'm just going to go around the speakers. I have two 10"x10" squares, so I'll start with that and see what happens. I can always add more if it doesn't solve the problem.

Jeffylou87
12-27-2008, 07:24 PM
Just remember that this stuff is pretty heavy..

boochieboy
12-27-2008, 10:02 PM
Yeah, that's why I'm just doing around the speakers and hoping it solves the problem.