PDA

View Full Version : FYI Rear rotor removal

Liszt
01-15-2003, 11:55 PM
Seeing that I had a hard time today removing one of my rear rotors due to the e-brake I will tell you the easy way to get them off. This doesn't require any special tools only a 5/16 bolt. Take the bolt and screw it into one of the two holes next to the screws that the lug nuts screw onto. Next tighten the bolt down with a 1/2 socket until the rotor pops off of the hub. This is a lot better than pounding on the rotor to get it off and it works easily.

L

Fishboy55
01-16-2003, 07:13 AM
Oh Sure...Now you come along with the tip, after I spend thirty minutes beating on my rotor. :laughing: Thanks for the tip, seriously.

Chip

Danger DANJ
01-16-2003, 08:14 PM
Yeah, that was the way I got my rusty rotors off, but not many people are going to have bolts lying around, especially one that will be the proper size. Luckily my Father has bins full of bolts, plus my Uncle works for a company called Metric and can get all kinds of bolts and stuff.

rodt0331
01-16-2003, 08:34 PM
How do we tightn the e-brake? cause mine when i pull on it it goes all the way up and sometimes my car still move after a pull on it

pinoyesv6
01-16-2003, 08:39 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rodt0331)</div><div class='quotemain'>How do we tightn the e-brake? Â* cause mine when i pull on it it goes all the way up and sometimes my car still move after a pull on it</div>

without replacing the shoes/pads on the e-brake u can do a quick temp fix by opening the center armrest. remove that rubber floor. u'll see 2 screws remove them. and pull up and back to remove that cupholder and arm rest and u'll see the linkage. just tighten up things from there

rodt0331
01-16-2003, 08:49 PM
OK how about replacing the rotors and pads?