PDA

View Full Version : Is this good deal?

redlobster
01-16-2003, 12:08 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...5&category=6767 ('http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2400257495&category=6767')

Are these a good deal , I was about to bid on them but want other members opinions that know more about cars and suspensions then me.

thanks
sean

2True
01-16-2003, 12:14 AM
They look decent, I'm sure they'll get the job done :wink:

Ask Jesse... I think those are the ones he bought.

redlobster
01-16-2003, 12:16 AM
alright, would i be able to install them myself, and would all i need is like an allan wrench or something similar? I have done very little work in this field, although my dad knows a lot but it would be cheaper for me to do it
thanks

sean

jluv97
01-16-2003, 08:11 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(redlobster)</div><div class='quotemain'>alright, would i be able to install them myself, and would all i need is like an allan wrench or something similar? I have done very little work in this field, although my dad knows a lot Â*but it would be cheaper for me to do it
thanks

sean</div>

I wouldn't.

2True
01-16-2003, 09:29 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(redlobster)</div><div class='quotemain'>alright, would i be able to install them myself, and would all i need is like an allan wrench or something similar? I have done very little work in this field, although my dad knows a lot Â*but it would be cheaper for me to do it
thanks

sean</div>

You'll need the Allen wrench to adjust them, once they are installed. To install them you'll need:
1 Ton Jack
2 Jack Stands
12, 14, 15mm Socket wrenches
Hammer
Spring Compressor
New Strut mounts (recommended)
A hacksaw... to cut down your bump stops.

That's all, if you have this stuff and your dad can help you out... go for it. Once you look at the suspension itself, the whole thing becomes self explainitory.

I would recommend new struts with the setup though, you'll need them down the road anywayz because if you keep the stock and lower the car, they're gonna blow... hard. So just do it all at once :wink: