PDA

View Full Version : need help on body kit asap

illLant98es
01-16-2003, 01:54 AM
i bought the erebuni thinking there would be no problems i sent the whole kit to the shop and they started at the back bumper because ihad the headlights. i stoped in to see it and the guy said he couldn't get it on. he said it lines up fine but the reinforcer and the absorber are pushing the bottom out a 1/2 inch he tried setting them all the way in but no good. i called erebuni and they said there kits are designed with out them what did everyone else do with the erebuni for this problem.?now its like 3 am and i gotta get back to my body shop some time after i get up all help is needed in this area because i did a search and nothing was mentioned about what is done in this situation. thanks alot

laosboyroy
01-16-2003, 02:26 AM
say what. well from what I get is your reinforcer isnt letting the kit go all the way in and they wont do it or something. Well the plastic thing and the medal has to be removed (reinforcer thingy) for the bodykit to fit in perfectly and thats all im gettin from what your sayin hope it helps.

2True
01-16-2003, 02:32 AM
No sweat dude, take this to your body guy. I found it in an old post from back in the day when I was young, I'm not a kid anymore, but somedays I sit and wish I was a kid again... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE( The master of Erebuni himself... Pavel)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hey I can help you in this area Â*. The rear bumper is super easy to attach. Â*
Step one: Take the metal mounting bracket off the old bumper. Â*
Step two: Take the middle piece of that mounting bracket and cut about 3-4" from both sides, so that the bracket ends at the same spot where the taillignt starts. Â*
Step three: Attach the shortened bracket to the car with the flat side facing up. Â*
Step four: On the erebuni bumper mark the two holes on both sides of the bumper (they are on the ends). After the holes have been drilled, slide the bumper onto the car. I would suggest using tape along the bottom edge to protect the paint. Use the stock screws and attach the bumper in those two places. Â*
Step five: By now your bumper should be holding on by two screws on either side of the car. At this point you should start the car and see if the exaust clears the new bumper (mine didn't). If it's fine, then turn the engine off and get a drill, and five screws. Â*

As you remeber you have the bracket underneath the bumper, drill the holes through the bumper right where the bracket is located. Use the screws to secure it in place. Black screws work better because you can't see them. Â*
Step six: If you haven't done this yet...get the thing painted. Â*

Have fun doing this project. Hopefully my tutorial makes more sense to you than it does to me </div>

Hope that helps some :wink:

Dark Anghell
01-16-2003, 01:50 PM
hey...that's my ghetto tutorial! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

I think everything is covered in there. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

illLant98es
01-16-2003, 03:14 PM
did anyone leave the reinforcer in because if that bumper gets tapped its gonna just crush and if you get hit your trunks gonna be where your back seat was and then u gotta coupe. im tryin to see if its possible because my body shop guy doesnt want to take that stuff off because there will be saftey issues and erebuni did crap for me. and how about the front one?how was that done cuz i know thats step 2
thanks

laosboyroy
01-16-2003, 08:40 PM
you gotta take all that off man its a saftey issue yes but if you want the reinforcer shit there you gotta mod it mo money. So if you wanna sell your front ill buy it cool.

illLant98es
01-16-2003, 11:23 PM
sorry but hell no im not selling it i waited too long for this and im finally doin it. my body guy is really good and i have only paid for the kit so far cuz insurance payed him 4600 to fix my car so hes playin with that money now. i was hoping to get the 800 back that i got the kit for but that doesn't look too promising. o well i guess it cost s alot to be different but i have never seen a kited 7g on longisland ny so i can shut alota people up cuz everyone thats seen my car gives me props even kids in american cars that hate imports and thats before the kit. im thinking of putting in a pipe or somthing all cut down and weld posts to it so it will slide in and maybe fit cuz im not ready to die god forbid i smack it up or even just a tap it will do much more damage i know theres someone that went the extra mile that could help me or someone with a good idea to suggest .

dukeplaya3169
01-17-2003, 01:46 AM
Hey I just got your pm.
I don't have the reinforcements either. A lot of body kits require the removal of the reinforcements. I know its sickening to even think about what would happen if you got into a crash with the kit on and no reinforcements whatsoever. Fiberglass isn't strong at all in auto accidents. Most of the kits I have installed we had to remove the reinforcements for proper fitment or there would have been a lot of cutting and extending of the kit(s). Honestly, I couldn't give you any advice on how to do this cuz I dont have my reinforcements nor my stock bumpers anymore to match up the widths. There are a lot of people here that have the shogun kit but as far as I know no one kept the reinforcers. I am going to be placing them back in in a couple of months when my car goes back to the shop for a wide body makeover but I don't have the reinforcers on me so I can't help ya. It is really risky to be out there without any kind of protection at all. I can imagine he will have to cut either the reinforcer or the bumper to size it correctly or possibly fill that spacing with fiberglass molding or bondo if worst comes to worst.That's the best I can tell ya w/o looking at it, but its pretty much common sense. Sorry I couldn't assist. Good luck though.

illLant98es
01-19-2003, 11:57 PM
well im just goin crazy now cuz i havent had my car since a week before x mas and now the kits goin on and i told some of my friends and they think im bull shitin there all like no one makes a kit and shit for a galant but i will have the last laugh https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

illLant98es
01-21-2003, 10:45 AM
good news they got it to fit. it is possible with out much altering the body guy just shaved a little bit off. besides that the car looks tight. the kit fits extra good and looks like the factory made it . thanks for everyones sugestions.

Dark Anghell
01-21-2003, 04:53 PM
so they shaved the reinforcement bars? Or what did they do? Because I want to put mine back into the car for safety and stuff. Plus they make the body a little stiffer (hopefully https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif )

illLant98es
01-21-2003, 08:43 PM
they said they rounded the edges (left and right sides)of the black part, but there is none of the white foam in there because the kit is fitting nice aganst the black reinforcement. due to the fact that the kit goes like a curve the edges were pushing it off. im not sure if they got any off the middle. it was like shave alittle and try it thing untill it fit , but he said it was easy so good luck ill tell you how they did the front once they fit it but he wont let it leave the shop with out em.

illLant98es
01-21-2003, 08:44 PM
oh yeah where did your turn signals go?

dukeplaya3169
01-21-2003, 08:59 PM
you can ghetto rig them in the two empty spots on each side of the front. I drilled holes and I used the stock ones held up by brackets. Looks like it was supposed to be there. You could also buy a set of fogs or other lights and hook them up to your signals.

illLant98es
01-21-2003, 09:17 PM
i wanna just rig the stocks cuz i paid so much for those piaa bulbs i wanna mount them behind the mesh but there is no lip to grab or is there?

illLant98es
01-24-2003, 12:10 PM
this topic can be closed thanks for all the help i just went by the shop and saw my car with the kit on it. everything was on except the bottom lip in the front they molded the signals behind the mesh it looks sick.

2True
01-24-2003, 01:54 PM
Post pics when you get it back :thumbsup:

IllestGalant
01-24-2003, 10:52 PM
Take it all off man,
Weight reduction stage 1 https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

VegasMatt
01-24-2003, 11:06 PM
I took my front reinforcement off and I had a lady hit me in a parking lot when she was going in reverse. I'd say she was doing about 15mph and guess what...her car ate right thru mine. 6G's worth of damage. I am really worried about getting in a big accident, if I ever get hit by someone at a high speed, my car would be toast. Then it would be minivan city for me.

Matt

Moosh
01-25-2003, 02:17 AM
Jeez. I'm mad happy you solved the reinforcer problem, because there is no way in hell I would drive my car without that. I hope I can get shit kit on done for less than a thousand dollars. Jesus. I have to get the front bumper sanded down, and I have to get my reinforcer shortened as well. :oops:

illLant98es
01-26-2003, 12:13 AM
yea i dunno how much im even payin yet cuz it all had to do with insurance . i sent it to get fixed stock then i thought why not kit it so far i spent 800 on the kit . i think the body shops taking that into consideration and hes got extra money because he altered the parts he was getting minus the bumper witch probly adds 200 to the labor .right now i really dont care lol cuz i saw the car and i was like dammm. i got people 2 wayin me sayin they saw my car and they dont know what to say .it isnt painted yet and the bottom part of the kit is off and everyone thats seen it thinks its off the hook.i also had the shop mold my signals in and shave the mitsu emblem off the front cuz if i ever want it there i can put a graphic one there.

illLant98es
01-26-2003, 12:20 AM
oh yeah pics are a definite i probly wont put my rins on it till like march but ill post pics of just the work and pics of my car before with just the rims and meshed out bumper (which people thought it was a kit) or you can actually see a before pic of my car on www.premiercompacts.com all you gotta do is go to gallaries then events , scroll down to import showcase tour nassau Ny 2002-8-10 and go to page 22 and scroll to the bottom. i dunno how to get a direct link to the page or post the pics on this page but check it out and tell me what you think of the b4

2True
01-26-2003, 03:57 AM
http://www.premiercompacts.com/shows/imp-081002/image435.jpg
http://www.premiercompacts.com/shows/imp-081002/image436.jpg

Nice bro :thumbsup:

illLant98es
01-26-2003, 11:10 AM
thats my car, thanks i cant wait to get teh finished product on here

http://photos.yahoo.com/mitsukid98es ('http://photos.yahoo.com/mitsukid98es')