PDA

View Full Version : Alty Whine noise

Cheekz185
07-20-2008, 09:47 PM
Ok So i got my timing belt replaced a little OVER a year ago. Ever since i got it replaced my alty SQUEALS like a mother ALMOST every time i star the car. Honestly, at this point I am getting really f'ed up with it!! I have tightened the alty belt a couple of times and the squeals goes away for a little bit but it keeps coming back. I cant tighten my alty belt any more, its is at its max.

At this point what are my options? When i did the timing belt I replaced all my other belts so the alty belt is just a yaer old. Could it be my alty? But how? It literally started as soon as I got my timing belt replaced.

GOOSEY2099
07-20-2008, 11:40 PM
nah bro, you just need to tighten it.

fliegendaffe
07-21-2008, 01:37 AM
nah bro, you just need to tighten it.

I cant tighten my alty belt any more, its is at its max.
doesn't look like he can do that goosey

RAZ_76
07-21-2008, 02:15 AM
Alternator belt and timing belt are two different belts dude. Just because you replaced you timing belt a year ago, doesn't mean they replaced the belt also. You can try some belt dressing, you spray it on it. Try to get it little tighter or just buy a new one, they are not very expensive and easy to replace.

Cheekz185
07-22-2008, 05:45 AM
Alternator belt and timing belt are two different belts dude. Just because you replaced you timing belt a year ago, doesn't mean they replaced the belt also. You can try some belt dressing, you spray it on it. Try to get it little tighter or just buy a new one, they are not very expensive and easy to replace.

When I replaced my timing belt, i repleaced the alty belt, and serpentine belt. And it only started happening as soon sa i changed everything. Im prolly just going to buy a new belt.

GOOSEY2099
07-22-2008, 08:54 AM
now let me ask you something when you tightened it did you just turn one long bolt or did you first loosen the side bolt? I had this issue for years and never knew about the side bolt.

Joe (G8)
07-22-2008, 10:27 AM
I had the same problem after getting a new alternator belt. I bought a new battery and the alternator checked out okay, but the belt still squealed.
Took it to a different mechanic, he looked at it for five seconds, tightened the belt a little bit more and the squealing went away.

Now six months later it's starting to squeal again, so I guess I'll have to go get it re-tightened.

Cheekz185
07-22-2008, 11:27 AM
now let me ask you something when you tightened it did you just turn one long bolt or did you first loosen the side bolt? I had this issue for years and never knew about the side bolt.

side bolt? Never saw that bolt... Where is it?