PDA

View Full Version : Installing Gauges...

HiperSilver
01-16-2003, 08:16 PM
I just bought some Reverse Glo gauges from ebay. Im hearing some of you are having problems installing them, why? What can i do to not make them stick and is there a little tutorial i could follow. How did you wire them up and everything. What would be the ideal way to install these without having the needles stick. Anything i should be aware of.

seth98esT
01-16-2003, 08:29 PM
they are easy...you will need some kind of adhesive on the backs of them to make them flat so the needles will not stick. i used superglue, but you shouldnt use superglue, it ruins the stock ones. I would try hot glue, rubber cement, or some strong, non thick double sided tape.

as for wiring, splice the power wire into the power wire for the dimmer. that way they will turn on when you turn on your lights. and for the ground....its just a normal ground.

thats about it, they are easy, just make sure when you are putting on the gauges, not to bump around the needles a whole lot, especially the gas needle

HiperSilver
01-16-2003, 09:57 PM
aight thanks, so i shouldnt use superglow, im thinking what else wil hold, hot glue might work but i dont have tht, maybee ill try this rubber cement

2True
01-16-2003, 10:03 PM
That's what I used https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

BLsGalant97
01-16-2003, 11:22 PM
Hey try to install them without the glue...might not have a problem....i didnt any how

Mazarin
01-17-2003, 03:54 AM
Hey, I never had to use glue on mine. PM me if you want some physical help. I'm not doing anything this weekend, and I wanna see those damn angel eyes, too:P

BEAST
01-17-2003, 09:01 AM
What year car do you have. My guages were cupped so I had to glue them down. I think 97 and 98s are flat.

2True
01-17-2003, 09:39 AM
I never had to glue mine either, until one day the gas gauge started sliding downward and my neelse wouldn't move.... so I just cemented them all.

HiperSilver
01-18-2003, 12:23 AM
i have a 98, funny how i know about evertyhing else but installing guages is diffneret for me, anyways is the 98 cupped or flat? And do i have to take the needles off or just slide the guages over them. on an average how long do they take ? Im kinda physiced, i never bought threw ebay but after hearing that you can get em for cheap i was kinda skeptical, i checked and i was like holy shit, im signing up, they were my first of many purchases on ebay.

2True
01-18-2003, 04:46 AM
Gauges on a 98 are flat.

Just slide them over. CAUTION: Do not remove the needles! It's a pain in the ass to get them accurate again.

It should take ya bout half an hour to install. You can follow the 8g tutorial for the wiring portion located on the main web page.

It's pretty easy and it just gets easier, I have removed and installed both sets of mine several times now.

HiperSilver
01-18-2003, 12:32 PM
sweet, thanks a lot for the help, much appreciated https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif