PDA

View Full Version : Turn Signal

SkylineG1
07-26-2008, 01:30 AM
Ok. So last night I was cleaning out my car & I found a LED bulb in the glove compartment. The LED is one of those that you can install in the front turn signals. So I popped the hood removed the bulb & installed the LED just to see if it works. It doesn't, no biggie I just reinstalled teh pervious bulb.

I got in the car this morning to go to work & put on my signal to make the left as usual but the indicator light is blinking fast as if there was a blown bulb. I pulled over & checked to see if I had a blown bulb but they both worked. During the ride to & from work today I would periodically turn it on & it would blink nornally for about two blinks & the n goes back to blinking fast.

Now my question is did I screw something up when I treid out the LED bulb?

dwjp90
07-26-2008, 01:35 AM
check your contacts for corosion

4g63lover
07-26-2008, 01:35 AM
thats odd, did the LED bulb have corrosion on it that might've screwed things up in the plug?

try cleaning out the bulbs and see.

RAZ_76
07-26-2008, 01:58 AM
The connections inside the plug are loose. I spent 1 year trying to figure out that same issue. Finally the last theory I had left was to change the plug. Spent 5 bucks at the yard and after I replaced it, everything was back to normal.

SkylineG1
07-26-2008, 02:03 AM
I'll check the connectors. if it doesn't work then I'll get new plugs

Jeffylou87
07-26-2008, 02:45 AM
Yeah, those plugs are a bitch..