PDA

View Full Version : Stalling Problem!

2002BlackDragon
07-26-2008, 04:03 PM
Okay, it seems like there is a problem that i cant fix no matter what. I took it to a shop and they said that it was the valve gasket, so i replaced it. Last week i put a new fuel pump into it. It just got a tune up about six months ago. And now for the problem:

It seems to either get too much or not enough fuel when driving down the road. Like today, I was doing like 65 and noticed that there was a white colbolt coming up fast behind me. I pressed ont the gas pedal to pass the van next to me so that i could move to the right lane and as soon as i pressed the gas, there was nothing. The car almost seemed to stall! Then it began to lurch as if it wasnt getting fuel or it was getting too much. I pulled over to the side of the road and shut the car off. I let it sit for about a min and the started it again. As soon as i put it in drive and touched the gas, it started lurching again. Does anyone have any idea what could be doing this? Some one told me that it could be the cat-converter, but Mitsu replaced it for me. I am lost and i am sick of "fixing" the car, and it still being messed up!

Please HELP!!!

QnzMostWanted
07-26-2008, 04:35 PM
i may be wrong, but my sisters car was doing hte same thing, and it was the fuel pressure regulator that needed to be changed
or maybe ur throttle body may need cleaning....not 100% just options

ezekiel.glnt
08-05-2008, 11:28 PM
this may or may not help but last wk on my way 2 da beach my wip started doin more or less what ur describing, i got a bottle of stp fuel injector cleaner and it hasnt dne it since.

Fishboy55
08-06-2008, 05:44 AM
i may be wrong, but my sisters car was doing hte same thing, and it was the fuel pressure regulator that needed to be changed
or maybe ur throttle body may need cleaning....not 100% just options
That's the most likely possibility. Also could be a dirty MAF sensor, loose connection on the MAF or a cracked TB or a very dirty TB.

RAZ_76
08-06-2008, 06:05 AM
My guess is that one of your coil plugs took a crap on you. Mine was doing that and it got worse over time, it was jerking, sputtering. When it does it next time, just give it more gas, slam on that gas pedal to hopefully trigger the service engine soon light and then you will know for sure. If you push it hard enough, it will trigger it.

polishmafia
08-06-2008, 08:01 AM
I'd say dirty MAF or a coil pack, like these guys said.

krispy03
08-06-2008, 10:13 AM
if its an i4 might have a crack in your intake manifold.

but most likely MAF, coil pack. when did you last change your spark plugs and wires?

milo111000
08-06-2008, 06:11 PM
yup i'm having the same problems right now... i'm pretty sure it's my maf.. everytime i clean it the car runs smooth.. but not for too long.. 3 days and it's doin the same thing again so i need a new maf. might wanna take a look into that too.. but take in consideration the other stuff cause i thought i was my coilpack, my fuel pump, my tb.. also thank the fellas here for their advices. goodluck

2002BlackDragon
08-06-2008, 08:34 PM
Thanks guys for all of the imput. I am in the works of changing the MAF and intake on the car. How can i tell which coil pack it is? At $86 a piece, i dont want to have to replace both if it dont need to be. And i have run STP through the car several times and i end up getting the same result over time. Thanks for all of your help guys!