PDA

View Full Version : not sure if this is my radio code...

Sowndwayv
08-17-2002, 02:06 PM
i dont remember where my radio code is..somehwere with all my papers. I have my Key Tags, and thers a 4 digit code on it. is this the right code? i need to disconnect my battery to do something, but then im afraid the radio wont be functional if i do that, and without the code, i cant reactivate it

BBGalant
08-17-2002, 07:02 PM
Well, the radio code is four digits. But I don't know if the number on your key tags is the radio code. My car is used, and I didn't have the code, so I called the dealership, and they gave it to me over the phone. Just gotta give them a serial number off the radio. Kinda defeats the purpose huh?

Fishboy55
08-17-2002, 07:11 PM
I just checked mine, and yes, the radio code is 4 digits, but so is the imobilizer code for your ignition. If you bought your car new, the radio code should be on a card that says "anti-theft". It will have the serial number of the radio and the code on it. I don't know if theirs any sequence to all the radio codes, but mine starts with 0. sorry I can't be more help.

Chip

Tiller
08-17-2002, 08:09 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sowndwayv)</div><div class='quotemain'>i dont remember where my radio code is..somehwere with all my papers. I have my Key Tags, and thers a 4 digit code on it. is this the right code? i need to disconnect my battery to do something, but then im afraid the radio wont be functional if i do that, and without the code, i cant reactivate it</div>

what year is your car...?

the number on the key tag would NOT be your radio code...that is the code for your keys...

Sowndwayv
08-17-2002, 08:46 PM
thanks for the help, my cars an 01, i think i have the code, cuz i wrote it in my manual...i just remember that i wrote it down from memory before, the first day i got it cuz i beleive i lost the card...its starts with a 7..o well, lets hope this is it just in case i'll need it in the future

Auto-9
08-18-2002, 12:57 AM
Mine starts with a 4...but I can't reveal the rest https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif It is 4 digits...did your dealer teach you how to enter the code in the event that you should need to do so?

J. T. Z.
08-18-2002, 09:19 AM
If you can't find your code just call up your local dealer and they should be able to give it to you.

RedGalant2k1
08-19-2002, 01:08 AM
pull the radio get the serial # and have the dealer find the radio code for you, its free.

Big H Killa
08-19-2002, 09:06 AM
If you enter the code in wrong more then 3 times you gotta bring the radio to the dealer so they can do something to it to unlock it all.

BBGalant
08-20-2002, 08:44 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Big H Killa)</div><div class='quotemain'>If you enter the code in wrong more then 3 times you gotta bring the radio to the dealer so they can do something to it to unlock it all.</div>

I'm not sure that's true. If you lock the radio out, then you have to keep it turned on for like an hour or 30 minutes (I don't remember, it was so long ago). Anyway, if you don't turn the power off or take the key out, then it will reset, and you'll be able to try three more times. That's another thing I found out from the dealer.

00v6es
10-08-2002, 02:16 PM
I replaced my battery today and called the dealer. Apparently they can't give the codes out over the phone anymore. He told me it was for legal reasons.

b-boy_sky
10-08-2002, 03:14 PM
I had to call two different dealers before i received my security code. One of them wanted to charge me $80 to bring in my car so they could get my serial number and then retrieve my security code. The other said if i gave them the serial number off the radio then they would give me my security code. So I would say try to call different places and see what happens.....