PDA

View Full Version : Proton Perdana.....9G???!?!

G-spot
07-27-2008, 11:23 AM
http://i.paultan.org/Theophilus_Galant_Perdana_Large.jpg

I was thinking the other day about how the Proton Perdana V6 and the Proton Arena are pretty much the only Proton cars from the old generation still on sale now, with the old Saga having being replaced recently by a second generation model that has been rather well accepted by the public.
Before the Volkswagen-Proton talks collapsed, many have been speculating that the next generation Proton Perdana replacement nodel could be a badge engineered Volkswagen Passat. There were many good artist’s impressions of a Proton-badged Volkswagen (http://paultan.org/archives/2005/07/17/perdana-replacement-model-photoshop/), mostly based on the long wheel base Skoda Superb.
Now that that deal is off, we will have to look at the current Mitsubishi Galant/Mitsubishi 380 to see what the new Proton Perdana could end up like, as developing a Perdana on Proton’s own is definitely not very financially viable. Proton previously entered into a technical partnership agreement with Mitsubishi, but we have not really seen any obvious results from that yet, as it looks like it is still at exploratory stages.

So yes, getting to the point of this post, I asked Theophilus Chin if he could whip up a second generation Proton Perdana replacement for us to admire and imagine. It’s basically a Mitsubishi Galant/Mitsubishi 380 with styling derived from the 2nd generation Proton Saga. Do you like it? A Proton Perdana based on the Mitsubishi Galant could come with a 2.4 liter inline-4 engine, probably the 4G69 which makes 160hp at 5,500rpm and has a maximum torque of 212Nm at 4,000rpm
If you’re interested in taking a trip back to the past, read the posts below back from 2005, and 2006 when Proton was still in talks with foreign partners: mainly PSA Peugeot Citroen, Volkswagen and a bit of Mitsubishi.

4-G-rim
07-28-2008, 11:17 AM
For the exception of the Proton emblem on the front grille area...it actually looks pretty decent. bigger wheels, and a drop, it would look hot IMO.

DNSerrano
07-31-2008, 02:52 AM
I love how you can spot the Mitsubishi emblem on the wheels