PDA

View Full Version : Guage bulbs

antmoneygtz
01-18-2003, 07:55 PM
whats up guys... i figured today i'd replace my bulbes in my guages which were like an orange type color to blue... i bought some cheap bulbs that were like 2 for 3 buckz... i waited till it got all dark and they do lite up blue... but no bright... i can barely see them... did anyone else do this??? do you guys know a certain type of bulb thats alil brighter... check out my pics u'll c wat im talkin about... thanx guys... peace...

NRG
01-18-2003, 08:12 PM
I dont see the pic you're talking about .......

antmoneygtz
01-18-2003, 08:29 PM
when u get on my site.. click show all... den click the last pic that shows my guages... its mad dim...

NRG
01-18-2003, 08:50 PM
I bought some 194 red and mine are very bright......!! Make sure you didn't get LEDs because they won't light up your guage well......

pinoyesv6
01-18-2003, 09:47 PM
blue is usally a very dark color light. if u want a brigther blue, my suggestion is to get some hyperwhites and then a blue gel cap and that will give u a bright blue.

HondaKillerGTZ
01-18-2003, 10:43 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(antmoneygtz)</div><div class='quotemain'>whats up guys... i figured today i'd replace my bulbes in my guages which were like an orange type color to blue... i bought some cheap bulbs that were like 2 for 3 buckz... i waited till it got all dark and they do lite up blue... but no bright... i can barely see them... did anyone else do this??? do you guys know a certain type of bulb thats alil brighter... check out my pics u'll c wat im talkin about... thanx guys... peace...</div>

You need to remove the orange color in the back of the gauges faces with acetone, then you will have brighter lights

antmoneygtz
01-19-2003, 03:13 PM
iight thanx alot guys

Lazarus
01-19-2003, 03:42 PM
is there any way you can just take them all out? I have the AC reverse indiglos and I wanna turn up all my thoer lights but the ones hehind give off to much light I even wrapped the Factory Gages in Electrical tape.

mrjaydeeone
01-20-2003, 01:47 PM
well I had red bulbs also...and it was cool...but the glow was too much
I just removed the bulbs....but now the needles don't light up...but all the rest of the lights are bright..there are 5 bulbs you gotta remove

Lazarus
01-20-2003, 03:26 PM
so everything else lit up like turn signals, hazards brake and everything just the needles didn't light up? I may just try and figure out which one goes to the needle and leave that one in

mrjaydeeone
01-20-2003, 03:28 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>so everything else lit up like turn signals, hazards brake and everything just the needles didn't light up? I may just try and figure out which one goes to the needle and leave that one in</div>
yup
seems like those 5 bulbs are the needles though