PDA

View Full Version : Debris in Blower Motor Wheel on 00 ES

seank80
08-11-2008, 01:25 PM
So I have some acorns in my blower wheel. My car is an 2000. I have tried and I am unable to get it all out through the small opening for the in cabin filter. I looked in the tutorial section and they have one for the blower motor but it looks like you have to remove the entire dash to drop the blower motor down. I don't need to take the entire unit out just the part that houses the wheel. Can someone help me out and tell me if there is an easy way to do this without taking apart the entire dash. Thanks in advance guys.

spdracr
08-11-2008, 01:44 PM
its not really taking the whole dash out. The glove box and the pieces behind it all come out its only like 15-20 screws. Time consuming if u have never done it before but once u do it once it will be easy the next time

duh2150
08-11-2008, 05:30 PM
its 2 screws, and all you gotta do is flex the glove box in or the part it hangs on really easy, youll find a filter, dont even bother replacing it with a advanced auto parts one its crap, next time i look at that filter im gonig to pull it out and find a real air filter for like under the hood, and drop it in there

but 2 screws and flex the glove box area a bit and done

spdracr
08-11-2008, 10:21 PM
its 2 screws, and all you gotta do is flex the glove box in or the part it hangs on really easy, youll find a filter, dont even bother replacing it with a advanced auto parts one its crap, next time i look at that filter im gonig to pull it out and find a real air filter for like under the hood, and drop it in there

he wants to get to the blower motor so he has to remove the whole motor assembly out which means he has to take the passenger side dash out then bottom part of the air ducts and then the blower motor, i have done this about 3 times in order to swap my ECU and it was hard the first time but after that it was a very easy procedure

99 galant
08-11-2008, 11:59 PM

i bought a good air filter off of ebay for the cabin if thats the one you want to get. i paid 9.99 + shipping

edit: pm me if you want the link