PDA

View Full Version : Oil...Its gone

MiniSpdRcr
01-18-2003, 08:37 PM
I am not leaking oil anywhere, but after 500 miles I have to put a quart back into it. I looked everywhere for oil leaks, non were present. Any Ideas?

manybrews
01-18-2003, 10:56 PM
yeah.. the 94 to early 96 blocks had bad oil consumption issues due to slightly out of round cylinders.

so you will probably have to live with it. provided you stay on top of the oil consumption, you wont have any problems.

HeadAche
01-18-2003, 11:26 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>yeah.. the 94 to early 96 blocks had bad oil consumption issues due to slightly out of round cylinders.

so you will probably have to live with it. Â*provided you stay on top of the oil consumption, you wont have any problems.</div>

Yeah, i did some research on this when he posted it up, and found the same answer.. May want to invest in buying a case of oil, just so you wont have to keep running back to the auto parts store..

MiniSpdRcr
01-19-2003, 12:01 AM
My friends dad works for Mobil-1 so I get cases for free, but it was never this bad, it never lost oil like this.

manybrews
01-19-2003, 09:35 AM
the only other fix is to bore the block.
usually not cost effective unless the engine has some type of mechanical failure.

95galant-s
01-19-2003, 03:46 PM
currently my valve cover's leaking but before there was any leaks i was going through a quart every 3k miles. everyone i've talked to said this was normal. i know a guy that bought a 96 g brand new and after about 3000 miles the oil light came on. come to find out it was bone dry. so the 4g64 is just a really thirsty engine https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

MidNightRacing
01-19-2003, 04:06 PM
I got a 94 ES and it aint a thirsty one. I change my own oil, but the last change mitsubishi did. I do notice that after a week when i look at the engine theres oil on the valave cover around the oil cap.

MiniSpdRcr
01-25-2003, 01:10 AM
This past week I have added 3 quarts to it...this is not normal. I do not think.

cantbeatmy97
01-25-2003, 06:22 PM
check the coolant and see what color it is if its a chocolate milk shake u might have a blown head gasket.

manybrews
01-25-2003, 09:32 PM
has no one here read my post?

once again, i shall tell you what the problem is.
its out-of-round cylinders. the only REAL fix is to replace the block. an alternative fix is to bore it and replace the pistons, but this has not always worked well.

frankly, id probably leave it.

95vegasgalant
01-27-2003, 06:10 PM
:twisted: Theres a thing in the parts store called restore its like 5 bucks it works pretty good it lessens my oil consumption but try it out and use it every oil change :twisted: