PDA

View Full Version : No sounds HELP!!!

UAL Tripple 7
08-12-2008, 07:49 PM
I pulled my Pioneer HU out a couple of months ago and installed the factory head unit. Reason being I was planning on getting rid of all of my car stereo stuff. I decided to keep it and plugged the Pioneer HU back in. Now the unit gets power and turns on fine. The problem is when I turn on the HU I just hear a pop out of the front passenger side speaker, but that all. Absolutely no sound from music. All I hear is that one pop. I removed all of my amps and have put the car back to the factory sound system. The only custom thing is the HU. Does this sound like the eternal amp in the HU is blown? I checked the back of the HU and the little fuse is not blown. When I plug the factory unit back in everything is fine.

UAL Tripple 7
08-12-2008, 08:33 PM
I just thought about something. The entire time I have had the Pioneer HU it has been hooked up to an amp. Could the internal amp in the HU be bad, but it just didn't matter before because the sound was going through an external amp? Could removing the external amp in my trunk force the sound to go through the amp inside the HU?

Jeffylou87
08-12-2008, 08:40 PM
If you have the infinity sound system in your car you need a MITAH adapter to have an aftermarket stereo work with your stock amp. Unless you ran wires from the HU to the stock amp under the pass seat..

UAL Tripple 7
08-12-2008, 08:54 PM
Nope I don't have the Infinity sound system. I will clarify. When the Pioneer HU was originally working it was hooked up the a 4 ch Pioneer amp in the trunk. I was also running a Rockford Fosgate Amp with a sub too. Now I switched everything back to stock except for the Pioneer HU and it wont work. It powers on, but no sound. When I install the factory HU it works fine.

pinoyesv6
08-12-2008, 09:27 PM
is the head unit setup to use the internal amp? i know with my alpine i can turn that badboy off and use an external one if i wanted to.

RedGalant2k1
08-12-2008, 09:31 PM
Its entirely possible that the headunit internal amp is no good, or that the function (if it has it, but doubtful on Pioneers) is turned off. You may want to make sure you have the harness hooked up properly, match wires for wires. Did you use a wire harness or try to hardwire the pioneer radio back into the car?

fliegendaffe
08-12-2008, 09:33 PM
Could removing the external amp in my trunk force the sound to go through the amp inside the HU?
well how else are you going to get the sound from the HU? and no, by having an external amp will not cause the internal amp to go bad.

did you remember to connect all the speaker wires correctly?

it sounds like either the wrong wires are connected somewhere and/or the HU has gone bad.

UAL Tripple 7
08-12-2008, 09:33 PM
I used the same wire harness I used the first time I had it installed. The wiring is good. I didn't change anything as far as the wiring goes. I'm not sure if I have a way to turn the internal amp off. I have never seen that in the options menu.

fliegendaffe
08-12-2008, 09:37 PM
I used the same wire harness I used the first time I had it installed. The wiring is good. I didn't change anything as far as the wiring goes. I'm not sure if I have a way to turn the internal amp off. I have never seen that in the options menu.
if you didn't change the wiring from when the amps were connected, then is your speaker wires connected?

UAL Tripple 7
08-12-2008, 09:40 PM
Yeah the speaker wires are connected. I switched them back the the factory setup.

UAL Tripple 7
08-12-2008, 09:41 PM
The system works just fine with the factory HU installed, but as soon as I switch to the Pioneer HU I get a loud pop when I power it on and no sound.

fliegendaffe
08-12-2008, 09:57 PM
The system works just fine with the factory HU installed, but as soon as I switch to the Pioneer HU I get a loud pop when I power it on and no sound.
yes you have said that about a dozen times now.

a) something is wrong with the wiring (bad pins, wires shorting out, wire getting crossed, bad harness, etc) because you don't use the same harness for your factory as you do your A/M HU
b) something is wrong with the head unit

UAL Tripple 7
08-12-2008, 10:00 PM
I said it again because after I said it a dozen times you asked if I had the speaker wires connected. The speakers are connected or they wouldn't play with the stock HU. The harness is in good shape. I am almost certain it is a problem with the HU. From what I have read on the net, the Pioneer HU has an internal ground fuse that may have blown.

fliegendaffe
08-12-2008, 10:04 PM
I said it again because after I said it a dozen times you asked if I had the speaker wires connected. The speakers are connected or they wouldn't play with the stock HU. The harness is in good shape. I am almost certain it is a problem with the HU. From what I have read on the net, the Pioneer HU has an internal ground fuse that may have blown.
if the speakers are connected doesn't mean shit if it is playing with the stock HU. I am talking about the speaker connection in the harness(es) between the factory plug and the deck. so my statements still stand.

do you have a tone generator at all?

UAL Tripple 7
08-12-2008, 10:08 PM
Of course the speakers are connected in the harness. As I said before the harness is the same as when it was pulled. They are all still connected. No tone generator.

UAL Tripple 7
08-12-2008, 10:10 PM
From what I read, along with the ground fuse blowing inside the Pioneer HU the internal amp often fails too. I know the ground fuse is blown because I had to do the ground wire around the rca plugs to eliminate the buzzing sound I got when I had my amps in the car. I also just read that when the internal amp blows you will get a popping noise when you turn the HU on. that is exactly what is happening.

fliegendaffe
08-12-2008, 10:15 PM
From what I read, along with the ground fuse blowing inside the Pioneer HU the internal amp often fails too. I know the ground fuse is blown because I had to do the ground wire around the rca plugs to eliminate the buzzing sound I got when I had my amps in the car. I also just read that when the internal amp blows you will get a popping noise when you turn the HU on. that is exactly what is happening.
i think the internal amp got blown from putting the ground around the rca's

UAL Tripple 7
08-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Well that is how it worked for 2 years. Its also the most common solution to the ground loop problem. You could be right though. t lasted like that for 2 years, but you never know. Looks like I will install my Alpine HU tomorrow.

fliegendaffe
08-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Of course the speakers are connected in the harness. As I said before the harness is the same as when it was pulled. They are all still connected. No tone generator.
did you have the speaker wires from the amp running to the speakers directly or to the harness?

fliegendaffe
08-12-2008, 10:19 PM
Well that is how it worked for 2 years. Its also the most common solution to the ground loop problem. You could be right though. t lasted like that for 2 years, but you never know. Looks like I will install my Alpine HU tomorrow.
if that doesn't work then it's a wiring issue

UAL Tripple 7
08-12-2008, 10:25 PM
Thanks for the help and the time bro. I hope I get it worked out soon. I am tired of the factory HU!

a023785
08-13-2008, 07:21 AM
your speaker wire is ground out aka pinched some where. The pioneer went it to protect so it dont fry its self.fix the ground wire it will work fine.

fliegendaffe
08-13-2008, 10:22 AM
that doesn't make sense with the factory wiring plus the 2 A/M harnesses. there isn't a way for it to get pinched.

a023785
08-13-2008, 10:28 AM
that doesn't make sense with the factory wiring plus the 2 A/M harnesses. there isn't a way for it to get pinched.

pinching the wire when screwing in the new speaker, speaker leds tuching metal .

fliegendaffe
08-13-2008, 10:30 AM
pinching the wire when screwing in the new speaker, speaker leds tuching metal .
and i doubt either of those is happening

a023785
08-13-2008, 10:37 AM
sorry I only installed for 15 years. with being mecp certified.theres to thing that makes radios go in to protect speaker wires touching metal or blowen speakers.

fliegendaffe
08-13-2008, 10:56 AM
oh wow, i'm mecp certified too and i don't think he's that stupid to not notice that.

edit: and if there was a wire pinched or what not, i think that would also affect the stock deck, which it isn't.

a023785
08-13-2008, 11:09 AM
stock decks will play with grounded out speaker wires and blowen speakers

fliegendaffe
08-13-2008, 11:10 AM
well he is hooking up his alpine so we'll see what's going on.

a023785
08-13-2008, 11:15 AM
cool, Im just trying to help with what I know

UAL Tripple 7
08-13-2008, 11:49 AM
Thanks guys. I hooked up my old Alpine deck and it works no problems. I tried the Pioneer again and the problem persist. I picked up a new wire harness this morning for the Pioneer deck just to see if that was the problem. Even with the new harness the deck still has the same problem.

fliegendaffe
08-13-2008, 06:51 PM
glad to hear it works with the alpine but sorry to hear that something is wrong with the pioneer.

UAL Tripple 7
09-08-2008, 11:37 AM
Ok i know its been a while, but I have one more question dealing with this issue. From what I have been researching about my problem with my HU it looks like it could be that the internal amp in my HU is blown. This might sound like a silly question, but can a HU still work if the internal amp is blown as long as it is hooked up to an external amp? I guess what I am asking is can I by pass the internal amp if I have the head unit hooked up to an external amp?

Tommy Di Cat
10-07-2008, 04:49 PM
It should still work in theory, if the outputs are still good.