PDA

View Full Version : suspension problem

Tiptronic
01-19-2003, 12:39 PM
i went to the store this morning, and noticed that i needed air in one of my tires. i take the car to the gas station, adjust the pressure in all the tires to their recommended specs, and went about my business. when i got home, i went to check them again to make sure everything was good, and noticed that the rear suspension on the drivers side sits about 1/2 inch closer to the tire than the suspension on the passenger side. does my weight over time have anything to do with it, and if not, what could the problem be?

NRG
01-19-2003, 12:46 PM
I think thats the uneven ride height we've all been talking about for awhile now.....If you search on my post on "Uneven ride height", its been mentioned in there.....

It seems most of us have this problem regardless of what shocks and springs we use.

Tiptronic
01-19-2003, 01:04 PM
i noticed that whether it was driver side or passenger side that sat lower, the majority of the ppl who have this problem, have progress springs. i too have them with stock struts. maybe its something in the spring design. it might actually be that one spring is shorter than the other, and the fact that its on a different side could just be which one the installer grabbed at the time, unless they are labeled R/L

NRG
01-19-2003, 01:08 PM
NO, it has nothing to do with Progress springs. My car was like this before I even put on aftermarket shocks and springs.....Its just most people didn't pay any attention to their ride height until after they change them.

Before I swap them I measure all the sides and thats when I noticed my ride height wasn't even on all sides......After putting on the kyb and progress, its still the same......

Tiptronic
01-19-2003, 01:10 PM
like you said, i guess i gotta start checking in to this. i gotta see whats up with the bushings. thanks :approve:

NRG
01-19-2003, 01:16 PM
Yeah let us know if you find out anything about the bushings.....It might just very well be the culprit of our ride......

Auto-9
01-19-2003, 02:24 PM
My car came from the factory uneven, it was only after I put on the Eibachs that I really noticed. There's a half inch difference between the driver side front and passenger front (pass is lower) and at the back there's almost a full inch difference (once again pass is lower). I didn't ask the dealership to test new shocks springs etc because that would cost major green...green that I don't have.