PDA

View Full Version : Tranny Problem?!

DJ_SI
01-19-2003, 01:02 PM
The other day I was riding with my friend in his Galant and when we take off from a light (normal driving) at around 30mph his tranny sort of shifted back into first gear (rpms increased) and then shifted back into the normal gear. We drove around for a while longer and it happened again. Note: this only happened when we were driving at low speeds (less than 30mph). Have any of you guys experienced this before? Sounds like maybe the auto tranny is acting up, any feedback would be appreciated.

Auto-9
01-19-2003, 02:20 PM
No idea...maybe the tranny thought he was about to floor it but then realized he's just accelerating normally...who knows. It is the INVECS II tranny after all...learning our driving habits all the time...like Big Brother...

LatinGalant
02-06-2003, 11:46 PM
What year is the galant, I have an 02 and at 25,000 mitsu replaced the tranny because it was hesitating and throwing between 4th and 3rd. They said some galants came with messed up clutches in the tranny.

creativ73
02-07-2003, 12:37 PM
Yeah, I was trying to describe that problem awhile ago and I think that is the problem I have. It's been doing that for awhile. I hope it's not going to get worse or cause any serious problems. I'm out of the warranty period. I'm not sure why it does it, but it really hasn't changed, so I try to ignore it for the most part.

creativ73
02-07-2003, 12:38 PM
Yeah, I was trying to describe that problem awhile ago on my '00 V-6 and I think that is the same problem I have. It's been doing that for awhile. I hope it's not going to get worse or cause any serious problems. I'm out of the warranty period. I'm not sure why it does it, but it really hasn't changed, so I try to ignore it for the most part.

Auto-9
02-07-2003, 12:51 PM
Mine was a 3-2 downshift problem that they reprogrammed to fix.

clone2020
02-07-2003, 02:20 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Mine was a 3-2 downshift problem that they reprogrammed to fix.</div>

I have the same problem...

at exactly 25MPH it feels like I'm riding the clutch...also downshifting from 30mph to 25mph it rumbles like a standard trans...

How much does it cost to have the dealer reprogram my car? ...less than 30min labor?

-Mike.

RollinBishiStyle
02-07-2003, 06:24 PM
Yea i have a 99v6 and right at 25 it doesnt know if it wants to be in 1st or 2nd, ive read about others having the same thing happen in thier g rides.

Auto-9
02-07-2003, 06:59 PM
Honestly I have no idea how long it took, because I left the car and picked it up at closing time. It was free though, dunno if it's because of warranty or because it was a recall or what.