PDA

View Full Version : is it really safe

Khopari
01-19-2003, 06:46 PM
i am new at this nos stuff, but i just want know is it real safe for your
engine????. and can somone post like more info on nos or any type of
nitros intake that would really help me thanks....................

Lazarus
01-19-2003, 11:31 PM
Word around the camp fire is you can run a 75 shot or less on a just about stock engine. so if you plan on modifying it then start modifying first and run that. Shouldn't hurt. though but I am not an expert you should talk to kemist aka Shane. He's our Nos Pro

DJ Galant
01-20-2003, 05:20 AM
the main reason why people who use NOS are messing up their engines is lack of fuel. Just imagine. It is so simple - keep iin mind that fuel makes power, nitrous simply lets you burn more of it. So if u wanna go NOS make sure you do something about it. There is a lot of options such as extra set of injectors, spare fuel tank with the fuel when using Nos, etc... The people that are installing it, ussually won't tell u this - so ask them what they can do to provide addition fuel.
I am sure that they are cars out there with 75 shot with stock fuel systems and internal engine components and do just fine. I don;t know about 2.4 L though. All I know is that 2.4 L has small ass 210 cc . And also some cars or apllications require u to upgrade to forged pistons and stand alone fuel systems (extremely huge amount though).
Sometimes u just also need upgrade spark plugs to colder, change to premium fuel, or even "tune" it so u will know what's up.....

Can somebody help him on that one...
How does 2.4 Liter handles Nos and what options he has?

Khopari
01-20-2003, 08:08 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DJ Galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>the main reason why people who use NOS are messing up their engines is lack of fuel. Just imagine. It is so simple - keep iin mind that fuel makes power, nitrous simply lets you burn more of it. Â*So if u wanna go NOS make sure you do something about it. There is a lot of options such as extra set of injectors, spare fuel tank with the fuel when using Nos, etc... Â*The people that are installing it, ussually won't tell u this - so ask them what they can do to provide addition fuel.
I am sure that they are cars Â*out there with 75 shot Â*with stock fuel systems and internal engine components and do just fine. I don;t know about 2.4 L though. All I know is that 2.4 L has small ass 210 cc . And also some cars or apllications require u to upgrade to forged pistons and stand alone fuel systems (extremely huge amount though).
Sometimes u just also need upgrade spark plugs to colder, change to premium fuel, or even "tune" it so u will know what's up.....

How does 2.4 Liter handles Nos and what options he has?</div>

so as long as i have my tank full i be all right ???????????

SuperchargedGTZ
01-20-2003, 08:33 AM
i think the 2.4 has bigger injectors. the V6 has 210s

HeadAche
01-20-2003, 02:46 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(K h O p A r I)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DJ Galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>the main reason why people who use NOS are messing up their engines is lack of fuel. Just imagine. It is so simple - keep iin mind that fuel makes power, nitrous simply lets you burn more of it. Â*So if u wanna go NOS make sure you do something about it. There is a lot of options such as extra set of injectors, spare fuel tank with the fuel when using Nos, etc... Â*The people that are installing it, ussually won't tell u this - so ask them what they can do to provide addition fuel.
I am sure that they are cars Â*out there with 75 shot Â*with stock fuel systems and internal engine components and do just fine. I don;t know about 2.4 L though. All I know is that 2.4 L has small ass 210 cc . And also some cars or apllications require u to upgrade to forged pistons and stand alone fuel systems (extremely huge amount though).

so as long as i have my tank full i be all right ???????????</div>

Ahh i love nitrous questions okay..Dj, is right on the money with his observation.. Fuel does make power, its not neccessarily the amount of Fuel but the pure ocatane and how much of it u can push through the cylinders to use with the nitrous... And LAZ is right on his point as well, our 8g motors can handle about a 75-shot of nitrous oxide with still being able to use stock internals and stock tranny, anything higher and u will blow it up.. The only perfect way to keep ur motor intact and detonation free, will be to work on the internalsto handle that additional amount of power being dispursed through the engine.. like bigger injectors, i used a set of 500cc injectors.. A bigger fuel pump to provide that extra amount of fuel to nitrous mixture so u dont burn up a pistons, Walbro 255 is the standard for us all.. A Fpr to turn the fuel pressure up.. Depending on ur nitrous system u decide to go with, that company will make there own plugs and wires, i suggest www.zex.com, that was who i went with.. and a lot of guyz know, my system was totally off the hook.. If u have more questions feel free to ask

Khopari
01-20-2003, 04:35 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist aka Shane)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(K h O p A r I)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DJ Galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>the main reason why people who use NOS are messing up their engines is lack of fuel. Just imagine. It is so simple - keep iin mind that fuel makes power, nitrous simply lets you burn more of it. Â*So if u wanna go NOS make sure you do something about it. There is a lot of options such as extra set of injectors, spare fuel tank with the fuel when using Nos, etc... Â*The people that are installing it, ussually won't tell u this - so ask them what they can do to provide addition fuel.

so as long as i have my tank full i be all right ???????????</div>

Ahh i love nitrous questions okay..Dj, is right on the money with his observation.. Fuel does make power, its not neccessarily the amount of Fuel but the pure ocatane and how much of it u can push through the cylinders to use with the nitrous... And LAZ is right on his point as well, our 8g motors can handle about a 75-shot of nitrous oxide with still being able to use stock internals and stock tranny, anything higher and u will blow it up.. The only perfect way to keep ur motor intact and detonation free, will be to work on the internalsto handle that additional amount of power being dispursed through the engine.. like bigger injectors, i used a set of 500cc injectors.. A bigger fuel pump to provide that extra amount of fuel to nitrous mixture so u dont burn up a pistons, Walbro 255 is the standard for us all.. A Fpr to turn the fuel pressure up.. Depending on ur nitrous system u decide to go with, that company will make there own plugs and wires, i suggest www.zex.com, that was who i went with.. and a lot of guyz know, my system was totally off the hook.. If u have more questions feel free to ask</div>

hey ty for for the, this include all of you, but so what is your final thought............

HeadAche
01-20-2003, 07:18 PM
My only final thought is, run anywhere from 50-75, 75 being the maximum shot u are willing to run.. use it sparingly, so u dont totally f*** up the motor, the worst thing u want to do is burn up the piston, warp a rod, or even melt the head gasket.. Do ur homework on what u want to do, i researched this topic for a couple months before i went crazy and had 3 nitrous tanks in the car, and was doing high 12's low 13's... if u got more questions feel free to post them up..

Lazarus
01-20-2003, 07:28 PM
speaking on internals That would be a great GB :roll:

HeadAche
01-20-2003, 07:34 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>speaking on internals That would be a great GB :roll:</div>

yeah it would be.. Definately would have to talk to AK1 for that, to see if he can get JE to get us a GB on pistons & rods, forged of course.

DJ Galant
01-22-2003, 02:08 AM
I got JE psitons myself, and I know I can spray nitous on my turbo, but for now i will stick with the turbo only since my tranny is completely stock...

Fishboy55
01-23-2003, 09:34 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist aka Shane)</div><div class='quotemain'>A bigger fuel pump to provide that extra amount of fuel to nitrous mixture so u dont burn up a pistons, Walbro 255 is the standard for us all.. A Fpr to turn the fuel pressure up.. If u have more questions feel free to ask</div>

Hey Shane, Two questions: When I dyno'd my car, my fuel curve was lean off the map according to the sheet. But I'm not experiencing detonation or any other problems. I'm getting the AFC installed to tune the headers. Already have the FPR. You think a Walbro 255 would be a worthwhile investment or a waste without NOS?

Next question, which Walbro 255? I searched some sites and can't find a listing for Galants and the only Eclipses are up to '98's. I've got the 6G72. I'm looking for a good deal, of course. :wink:

Thanks,
Chip

TwistedGTZ01
02-09-2003, 04:36 AM
the main thing with NOS is don't get button happy! i don't care what size shot you use. i can post pics of my block, have everyone take a look at my piston, or whats left of it, and then tell me how a 65 shot is ok on a stock motor. ha ha ha. if i knew then, what i know now. i would have done what these guys are sayin about the fuel upgrades etc.... as long as the conditions are good, you have fuel, you have some mods, and you don't get button happy, it should be all good. but after blowing my motor, i think my ZEX bottle is gonna be used as a door stop, maybe make it into an end table or something. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Auto-9
02-09-2003, 09:30 AM
On my car it's not the fuel that's the problem at the moment :laughing: I'm not shooting enough nitrous for the fuel to burn in the cold weather. I'm sure once summer hits everything will be the opposite.

HeadAche
02-10-2003, 04:29 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>On my car it's not the fuel that's the problem at the moment :laughing: I'm not shooting enough nitrous for the fuel to burn in the cold weather. I'm sure once summer hits everything will be the opposite.</div>

your not pushing enough nitrous because one the bottle is cold as hell, you need a bottle heater, or do what some of the guyz at the track do, use a small blow torch..lmao

HeadAche
02-10-2003, 04:31 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TwistedGTZ01)</div><div class='quotemain'>the main thing with NOS is don't get button happy! Â*i don't care what size shot you use. Â*i can post pics of my block, have everyone take a look at my piston, or whats left of it, and then tell me how a 65 shot is ok on a stock motor. Â*ha ha ha. Â*if i knew then, what i know now. Â*i would have done what these guys are sayin about the fuel upgrades etc.... Â*as long as the conditions are good, you have fuel, you have some mods, and you don't get button happy, it should be all good. Â*but after blowing my motor, i think my ZEX bottle is gonna be used as a door stop, maybe make it into an end table or something. Â* Â*:)</div>

See thats what i tell everyone, you really dont want to use nitrous on a stock motor it really doesnt make any sense really.. For the longest time i have been on this borad i tell everyone to build up there mtoor first before anything, then use nitrous because it will help in the long life of your motor..

Auto-9
02-10-2003, 09:25 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist aka Shane)</div><div class='quotemain'>
your not pushing enough nitrous because one the bottle is cold as hell, you need a bottle heater, or do what some of the guyz at the track do, use a small blow torch..lmao</div>
So THAT'S what the bonfire was! I thought they were holding a barbecue!

FRCFD6
02-11-2003, 12:45 PM
you guys are all babies https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif bewst is where its at!